A "post" is a "toast" or a "roast"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Dec 3, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Amazing what words can do to stir the minds of men and mice. Thirty-six hours, a number I picked out of the air has come and it has gone. An interesting 36 hours for me, and I am sure interesting for a bunch of people.

Mark Twain said "Be good and you will be lonesome" I certainly ain't lonesome.

That man with acerbic humor and sarcasm also said. "Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has laid an egg cackles as if she has laid an asteroid."

I deliberately threw some words at the chicken house and some hens and roosters cackled like every egg in the universe was being laid. Some even shook their heads like the words were bombs from Sgt "SomethinsDragging" arsenal. This old beetle certainly had a lot of wood to chew on and select from.

A hiatus (an interruption in the intensity or amount of something) has come upon me. Will pause in this, one of life's journeys, and seek another view of the sunset. Maybe the sun set's better here and maybe I will come back with my new camera to take pictures sometime.

"Here's to me and here's to you
    If we should disagree,
    Here's to me.
    Or just hit the delete key"

John (Postbeetle)

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OK who's feathers did ya ruffle now. LOL! :cool2:

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Don't be riding off into the sunset and get lost John!!

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    John....headin fer them butchers you called out on me,gladly volenteering I will be back as good as new in no time minus a handfuull(MINUS THE THUMB) of teeth ....You get your Daniel Boone membership back cause I just cant see you in the hen house playin bridge feelin worthy......nope you need out doors shootin or fishing:wink: GOOD LUCK ON BAMBI !

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    George why you think john is stirin the pot???:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::wink:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Just a hunch. My spoon is broke. LOL!

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    John,

Enjoy your hiatus, but hurry back now, ya' hear?

Take care.
    Cheryl

8. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey john, you should write a book of poetry. have fun during your hiatus. and you know what work better than throwing words at a hen house to get feathers ruffled. try using fire-crackers (or a suitable substitute depending on the situation). i guarantee there will not be a silent chicken in the yard. if you get my meaning.

9. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    John,
    Hurry back I'm sure you will be missed
    Sharon
    :wink:

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah I am looking fer him right know I love pickin on him:wink: Somethin tells me he likes to pick back to......

11. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ok, You got 1 hour left of your HIATUS, then your a$$ (I mean butt) better be back with some good posts! :angry:

Don't make me come up there (cause it's cold there) and physically make you get back to your rightful place on the BOC!:smile2:

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Let me know when you find him kat:wink:

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    He was here. I checked. He just can't help it. He'll post again soon, and when he does....:beated::0a10:

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    He probably is like a deer in the first week of gun season right now knowing we are all waiting on him ready to take our shot if he comes out in that clearing next to our stand:wink:

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    BEETLEMAN OHHH BEETLEMAN WHERE ARE THOUGH? STARTIN TO GET TOOOOOO QUIET ROUND HERE AND WE ARE MISSING YOUR BRIGHT AND SPARKLING PERSONALITY:beat_brick::nosebleed::too_sad::that_hurt::beated::cat: