A Post For Tony

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jun 15, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We have lost a true brother this morning unfortunatly. Tspergin passed away on his way home from a fishing trip with another BOC member. I for one was shocked as many of you are im sure. Tony was a great friend of mine, along with many of others on here. I didn't know him as well as some others here, but always considered him a true friend of mine. He was one of the first people to take me in when I joined, and also offered to meet and fish. I did get to fish with him on three occasions last summer, and this spring. He taught me alot about drift fishing, casting a throw net and many other things I had little knowledge on. But, most of all Tony was always good spirited and a character that I always enjoyed being around full of fishing stories and other such topics that made me always feel welcomed in his presence. He is going to be greatly missed by me for one. So, I dedicate this post to you brother.. You truely stand for what brotherhood means and should mean. God Bless... Feel free to add your posts here if you care to talk about Tony and what he meant to you as a friend or if you have a funny story or memory to share. This thread is for our loved brother........rollo

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH MAN! I am truely sorry to hear this. I will have a good thought for the family.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You for the Great Post Rollo. I'm at a loss for words right now but I will get back to this. I posted a couple pics on Loanwizard's thread.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Thank you Jason for the kind words.

Brian is with Eva right now and I just contacted Tex, Tony's Brother up at the lake. I was unaware that he didn't know, so if any of you are in close proximity, Brian could probably use a little help with Eva and the family.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here's a picture of Tony on an earlier trip fishing with him and the s-man...rollo

Attached Files:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here's one more from this spring on the James River in Va. Capt. Loanwizard and the notorious S-man along with Tony in the middle bring me some big shad ...rollo

Attached Files:

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Here is a photo of Tony's first fish on our James River trip. I can't recall the exact poundage, but it was 40 plus.

Attached Files:

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers sent from Nevada.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from So. Illinois for the family. Tony will be missed.

10. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    prayers sent from texas may the lord be with you and keep you sam davis

11. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    It sure shows that Tony was thought very highly of and loved very much from what I am reading on here. Even though I never had the prevledge to meet Tony I honstly feel a great lose from such a great person. What a great site this is to show this much love and respect for a man. I thank everyone on here for the post to give the ones of us that never got to meet him feel like we have known for years.

Tom

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have always been raised to respect your elders, and learn as much from them as possible. There have been many other elders I have learned from, but Tony would talk to me not like an adolecent to him, but as an adult in his generation. He had a way of explaining things without the generation seperation in my opinion. It was never about how you should, or how I do, but how you can, and how it has worked theory. I had many conversations with him about catfishing, and always left feeling like I gained something from him. I quickly became friends with him, and enjoyed every conversation I spent with him.. I just wish I could have spent more time around to learn some more......rollo

13. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    i only met him once but he exemplified what a well rounded catfisherman can be. a prayer for his family is on its way.

14. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Deeply saddened by the the loss of Tony.Just got back from trip to indiana and saw the news.A true sportsman willing to teach others all he knew about the sport of fishing,boating etc.Last time i was with him he took me over to Buckeye Sports and had lunch with him.He was showing me diffferent tackle to use and telling me different techniques he used.I was looking forward to go drift fishing with him but so far i was busy and never got the chance.Prayers to his family and friends.

15. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Man I hate to hear news like this. Prayers are sent to the friends and family of Tony! God bless.

16. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sorry to hear about the loss of Tony. Prayers to his friends and family.

17. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    never got to meet him.but he was a good guy and friend to a lot on here.sorry about the loss,hate to see something like this happen

18. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sad sad news for sure, thoughts and prayers sent from Cincinnati, may god be with Tony and with his family through this tough time...

19. tomh

tomh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Althought Tony was a little younger than I am, he sure know a lot more that I do about fishing and he was willing to share just as Rollo describes. I sure will miss him.

20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Rest in peace, bro!