A Poem I did not write, but had to share

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by T-Bone, Feb 1, 2006.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Subject: "I AM METH"-a poem EVERYONE needs to read-EVERYONE
    Almost everyone in the United States will be affected by this horrible drug, in one way or another. Of all the emails we circulate, this one really needs to be spread!
    "I AM METH"
    (This was written by a young Indian girl who was in jail for drug charges, and was addicted to meth. She wrote this while in jail. As you will soon read, she fully grasped the horrors of the drug, as she tells in this simple, yet profound poem. She was released from jail, but, true to her story, the drug owned her. They found her dead not long after, with the needle still in her arm.)

Please keep praying for our Children, Teens, Young adults. Understand, this thing is worse than any of us realize...

My Name: "Is Meth"
    I destroy homes, I tear families apart, take your children,
    and that's just the start.
    I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold,
    The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.
    If you need me, remember I'm easily found,
    I live all around you - in schools and in town.
    I live with the rich; I live with the poor,
    I live down the street, and maybe next door.
    I'm made in a lab, but not like you think,
    I can be made under the kitchen sink.
    In your child's closet, and even in the woods,
    If this scares you to death, well it certainly should.
    I have many names, but there's one you know best,
    I'm sure you've heard of me, my name is crystal meth.
    My power is awesome; try me you'll see,
    But if you do, you may never break free.
    Just try me once and I might let you go,
    But try me twice, and I'll own your soul.
    When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie,
    You do what you have to -- just to get high.
    The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms
    Will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms,
    your lungs your nose.
    You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad,
    When you see their tears, you should feel sad.
    But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised,
    I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.
    I take kids from parents, and parents from kids,
    I turn people from God, and separate friends.
    I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride,
    I'll be with you always -- right by your side.
    You'll give up everything - your family, your home,
    Your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.
    I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give,
    When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.
    If you try me be warned - thi s is no game,
    If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.
    I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind,
    I'll own you completely, your soul will be mine.
    The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed,
    The voices you'll hear, from inside your head.
    The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see,
    I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.
    But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart,
    That you are mine, and we shall not part.
    You'll regret that you tried me, they always do,
    But you came to me, not I to you.
    You knew this would happen, many times you were told,
    But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.
    You could have said no, and just walked away,
    If you could live that day over, now what would you say?
    I'll be your master, you will be my slave,
    I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.
    Now that you have met me, what will you do?
    Will you try me or not? It's all up to you.
    I can bring you more misery than words can tell,
    Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell.

2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    thats a sad story about that girl . sadder still is the truth and
    the thousands of more poor ( not in wealth) kids that will end
    up in the same shape.
    those three words are so very important JUST SAY NO.

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Thanks for sharing Tod.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    I have spent the past 15 years of my life working with Indians (and other nationalities) with substance abuse problems - meth included. Meth is an extremely powerful and destructive substance, and one of the hardest to stop using. I think that, when it comes to kids & substances, the biggest deterrent is an involved parent! In 9 out of 10 cases involving kids & drugs, the parents failed their children - not the other way around.

5. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Excelent! That is 100% true! There are 3 ways to go! Go to jail, go crazy, go to your grave! There is nothing else, anthing else you might think about it, is "bulls***"! Thanks for sharing!

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thanks Tod for posting that.
    I have that very same thing posted right above my computer.

Meth does not know any boundaries, We have arrested school teachers and social workers, business people, preachers. and the list goes on and on.
    Meth is very easy to make, It is the cheap answer to cocaine.
    Once a meth user has reached their first high they continue to search for that same high but it can't be achieved anymore after the first time.
    When a meth user goes thru a program to detox themselves less then 2% stay off this stuff.

I have seen small children ranging from ages of 3 months to 10 years old on breathing machines from inhaling the poisonous fums from the labs while cooking.
    Everything that goes into meth is poison and can't be cleaned enough to remove it.
    We try to make it as hard as we can for them to get the components to make it.
    We busted a lab about three months ago and they were trading so much products for urine, Yes that right. When you ingest this stuff into your body you only cycle about 60% of it and that leaves 40 percent to go thru your kidneys.
    The kicker is if a user has aids or hepatitis it is transfered right to the next user from the product the produced from the urine.

Sorry about the long winded post. I can rant all day about that nasty stuff.

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

They did away with that program because the john q public said why my kids won't do that kind of stuff and we don't want them around that trash in prison.

What we need is more families to get involved with kids.

Do me a favor and pass it around. Find some single mom and take her kid fishing just one day.
    The kids don't know what family bonding is anymore.

8. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    BK - you're in law enforcement. Many of us in the field believe that the meth problem wouldn't be so bad if the cookers and distributors were sent away for longer periods of time. That crap kills people and destroys the lives of way too many, especially kids. Lock 'em up, throw away the keys. And stop making deals! ( I guess you can tell how I feel about this) :cursing:

9. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I don't know about other states but you are right to a sense. The was at one time a lot of deals made here in Tenn. All the cooker had to say was that he was cooking for his own use. Walla then the deal was struck 160 days in jail and 4 years on paper. Within a month we had the same ones back in jail. Revolving door effect.
    The legislature changed that little phrase in the law. Now they get 3 years behind bars and 3 on paper. When the get out on parole and if they ever test positive for any drugs then they are violated and sent right back to prison for their duration. No more parole for them.
    This has curtailed the meth labs here by 60 to 70 %

I use to think well we need to lock them up for 20 years and then I started watching a trend.
    Picture a upside down pyramid. The very first rock on the bottom is the cooker. The next two are his mules. When we take the cooker off the streets the other two mules by this time has learned the trade. They already have the clientèle.
    Those two will train four more until it is like a snowball rolling down hill.
    I wish I had an answer to this but I don't.
    This is an evil thing that has this country by the throat.
    What will help is if anyone spots some one buying the ingredients in bulk then get his tag number and tell the law enforcement. It may seem like we are not doing anything but it is most certainly being acted on.
    I had rather go and ck a false lead on this type of reports then let one get by that is real.

10. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I cant let it go! There is nothing worse, it spreads through a commuinty, and corrupts and destroys everything in it's path! My mother was robbed, raped and lost an eye at the age 65, in her own home by some creep on drugs, knocking on the door, pretending to be my dad. When they caught the guy, they found he had done the same thing to others. There were others involved, like lookouts and stuff. It wouldnt bother me if law enforcement exercised capital justice on the spot and save everyone the pain and suffering that these guys bring to everyone, inocent or not to my neighborhood! My mother has since passed away, and the guy is still in prision, if he wasnt, my dad or myself would be!

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Phillip, I'm so sorry to hear that about your Mother.
    I don't agree with those that say "it's the drugs not the person". The person is who chose to do the drugs. Crime and drugs run almost hand in hand.
    The animal that attacked your Mother, deserves to get whatever he has coming to him.

12. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Phillip I know where you are coming from my man. I feel the same way but in my job I have to act differently.
    We received a call about a possible break in one morning about nine am.

Got there and the front door had been broken into. Entered the house and found a 89 year old lady. Well known all over the county.
    She was dead from hostile actions. Homicide. I won't go into details but it wasn't pretty. I served two tours in Vietnam and this homicide still bothers me and I have sought professional help for it.
    The perp was a 18 year old neighbor that she had babysitter in his younger days. He was high on meth and wanted her car. She had to use a walker to get around, he didn't have to do what he did he could have taken every thing and she couldn't have done anything but it didn't go down that way.

If you want to talk about this just pm me because I think T bone will kick me for hijacking his thread.

I am so sorry that your mother had to go thru that and I know how helpless you and your father feels.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Meth is death, sooner or later. I hate that stuff. Makes me want to become a cop that specializes in finding any and all responsible.

Makes me not want to even breathe the air at certain places in a town. Makes me wonder about the consequences of our paper money being used for deals. It is absorbed thru the skin, too.

METH IS DEATH.

14. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Cheryl that is why I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer with me at all times.

15. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Phillip,
    My sympathies for your Mom. I don't know how y'all refrained but by the Grace of God. Hug your Dad for us. Take care.

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

As quickly as it absorbs, I'm not sure it helps much. What is your opinion?
    I guess the germaphob in me wants to run all the paper and coin money thru a high temp. sanitizer. But then what do I do about breathing? By the time I call the police and report it, I've breathed it in.

We all need to practice " watch our neighbor " for this stuff and put it to a halt, as much as is humanly possible. JMO

17. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Two things: First, my heartfelt condolences to you, your father, and your family, Phillip, for what happened to you. There is no justification for what happened to your mother, and there is no compensation for the loss of someone so special.

Second: What has happened to our communities, that we allow such untenable conditions to exist & persist? Our children are not safe - our elders are not safe - we are not safe. Whose responsibility is it to ensure that our families, our homes, and our communities are safe? It is not my intent to point fingers and place blame, as community safety is a shared responsibility. As a therapist, it has been and continues to be my belief that healthy individuals make healthy families, and healthy families are the heart and soul of healthy communities. Since joining the BOC, I have very pleased to see the participation of children and adults in this forum - of the teaching and role-modeling of positive, healthy values. As parents, we all worry about our children - their safety and their futures. And they, in turn, depend upon us to ensure safe environments for them. But many of our communities are not safe. Why not? :confused:

18. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    My guess as to why not, would be that there are too many young'uns having babies and can't teach the babies a thing because they don't know a thing themselves. Babies raising babies or kids passing the babies off to the family to raise. I think the Big Brother Program should be brought back into the spot lite. I really think this program worked to help kids get a grip, when no one else would help. More time and money needs to be spent on the youth of today. Being a thug or drug head is just to easy of a thing to fall into now days. If we had more funds and people to help these kids maybe it would save a few lives.

19. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    EXCELLANT POST! perhaps if that poem were to be included in a childrens nursery rhyme book,we might have less meth addicts today

20. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

I once new a boy in trouble with authorities in several states over the use and transportation of Meth. He was someone I had thought to be a great back up in a bar room brawl because he was fearless. You know the kind, Ten feet tall and bullet proof! It doesn't seem like that long ago (12 years) when I was a drinking man. I happened to see him again while applying for food stamps at the local DHS a couple years ago and he was an old man grinding and knashing the three teeth he had left in his head. I told Renee (sitting beside me) that don't look now, but this person was right behind us! He was trouble with a capitol "T". Even after they called our names to be served he didn't recognize us "Thank God" and I didn't look back. Such a waste, though it was his choice to destroy himself. I prayed, That's all anyone could do.
    If you think for a minute that it's not around you are only fooling yourself, Lock your doors at night and keep your Ruger on your nightstand. Odds are that sooner or later you too could be a victim, it's a small world and it keeps on getting smaller...