A Pig is hauled in

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by n2fishn, Aug 22, 2009.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Well for everyone that know me I not a night guy.(Early to bed early to rise):eek:oooh:Well not last night.I pulled a all nighter with Jay on Milford.:cool2:

What a day i had.Started off heading to the lake about 10am yesterday.I had called Jim to tell him i was coming out and would like to stop by and see him.He invited me over and i visited with him and had a couple of cools ones then he took over to visit with Jerald for a while.Thanks Jim i really enjoyed talking with you and having you share with me your yrs of collection of fishing and hunting stuff you have.

Well i met Jay at the ramp around 6pm and we headed out to catch shad.Didn't take long to fill a bucket of bait for the night,The winds were blowing pretty good from the NW when we head to fish.

It took no time to get to catching fish.Then the winds started dying down on us.On our 1st long drift we were to about to start a new one when my back rod slammed over in the holder and pulling drag.I pulled it out of the holder the and knew right then this was the fish i was waiting for.He pulled about 50 feet of drag right off the start burning my left thumb on the line.Then he started to just get hvy.I got him coming my way and then he started to the back of the boat.He pulled drag again and headed back the way he came from then about then he came to the top about 30' form the boat and the hook came out...:sad2::sad2:

We were to meet Kevin about then so Jay called him to go meet with his crew and to get them over to the area we were fishing.Had a little boat trouble on the way over but Kevin was able to help us out.We headed back to our area but then the winds were dying out.By 1am we had know winds so Jay with all his skills of his GPS started jumping from place to place and we was catching blues and channels everywhere we fished.

Then about 445am in the morning with hardly no wind Jay pulled us on to one of his hot spots and all hell broke loose.We pulled a few eaters 3-5 lber then Jay's front rod fishing right under the boat doubled over with the tip going into the water.

I think right before the hit we were both nodding off because i heard a noice and seen Jay lean out of his seat and then the rod slammed.He to heard the rod get hit and it woke him up right before the fish wacked it.

The fight was on.He would pull drag then Jay would gain on him then to have him strip more line.After a few min Jay had him to the top and i slid him into the net.And here layed a 30lber on the floor of the boat with some high fives going on.Took some pic and released her back for me to catch someday:wink:

It was a great trip, and we filled two gallon bags of eater cats up to 7.5 lbs plus many that were released.I think we ended up cleaning around 14-15.

Jay thanks for the trip i really cant believe i made it the whole night staying awake for the most part:big_smile::crazy:.

I made it back home about 10am this morning and believe me to some much needed ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Attached Files:

2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Man, Congrats Jay (on the fish) and congrats Tom (pulling an all nighter):smile2:.Just kiddin buddy. I'm glad to see something being caught up this way. Its been slow for me and I haven't heard any talk about anything else being caught. Congrats again fellas.

Later,
    Chris

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congratulations, sounded like a fine evening. Thanks for shareing.

4. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good catch. Here in texas, all i do is night fishing. I seem to catch more fish, plus it isnt 110 degrees at 3am, lol....

5. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Nice haul Tom and Jay.

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on the catch.

7. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats on the catch Jay, and thanks for the pics Tom. So you got the whole uploading pics thing figured out? :wink::smile2: Just messing with you. Great night of fishing!

8. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Way to go guys. See Tom, you can catch fish on something that don't smell like #$%^.:wink::smile2: Hard to believe you were up all night though.:crazy::smile2:

9. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    congrats guys, sounds like a great night

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I was hoping someone noticed that I added pictures:big_smile::big_smile:

Ray I dont think I could do that all night S&#% every weekend but I made it through this one and seen more stars than i have seen in yrs:smile2::smile2:

Also I might add and I know Jay took some pictures of it but there was the biggest mayfly hatch we had ever seen.The boat, us and everything in the boat was covered with thousands of mayflys.We had our hoods on just to keep them off our head and face.The water was brown with them when we aimed a light acorss the lake.If you look at the pictures all them dark spots on the boat and on us and the fish were Mayflys.

11. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Good night guys! Thanks for the story and pics!

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Looks like a fun night of fishing/catching. Thanks for posting the story and pics :cool2:.

13. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Great story and congrats on the fish. Good job and good luck all:big_smile:

14. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    We hit a Mayfly hatch like that a couple years ago, mixed with a heavy dew. Man that was a mess. Them things were stuck to everything.

15. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Ray thats just what happened to us.About 4am the due set in and they were stuck.The boat and everything in it was a mess.

At one time there were so many on the motor that you could not read the lable on it.The whole boat and us included looked like leaf camo.:crazy:

16. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Great Job guys. Tom, I am proud of you.:roll_eyes::smile2:
    Now you just need to pull an all nighter on the river with me sometime.:wink:

17. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks Kyle...

I think I can do it again just let me save up again for my needed supplies for a all nighter.

$40 in power drinks,two jugs of strong coffee,bug spray,sandwiches and a pillow:smile2:

18. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Its definately been cold enough for coffee.:sad2::smile2:

20. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice Catch.
    Sorry too hear about the one that got away.
    I have quite a few of those that make me sick to my stomach.