A Pic From My Travels:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Apr 24, 2009.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's not often that I get super impressed by a big house. Hey...alot of people have more dough than me. I'm OK with that. This house, I really like. It's located just outside of Perry Mo. I wonder who owns it. It's awesome. I mean...we have the Waltons over in Columbia. They have BIG houses. This house isn't as big, but I just think it's really cool!

Attached Files:

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's definitely unique,thanks for sharing.
    :cool2:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Very interesting design for sure.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    How in to hell would ya heat and cool that barn? LOL! Stripped that area pretty good to build that "PONDEROSA" LOL!

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Somebody is stimulating the stimulated stimulus package.

6. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Its mine. Kat come on by for a cup of coffee. LOL

7. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    You make it difficult for me behave myself. I have a comment, but I'm not as brave as you and BG, lol.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Let it roll. Just use a synonym if necessary. LOL!

9. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I had my package stimulated, but I did not score a pad like that...and I want to know why. :wink:

(great...now I am in trouble. if I get an infraction...grrr. :smile2:)

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

See how easy that was. LOL!

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I might just have to show yall some wasted $$ on the "Ute Lake Ranch" new developement on the "other " side of the lake here,They got some tiny homes there with balcony doors openin to no place and they start in the LOW 400,000$ range.:smile2::smile2::smile2:Course theres a Nicolus design golf course next door .

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Im more interested in the water than I am the "castle".

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I admit the house looks huge and expensive. Bet its has some cool inside features. But, its not my type of place to live. To fancy, too perfect to plain in the land. I like big porches for sitting outside, BBQing, watching sports etc. Plus have targets setting up in back yard so I could
    sit under porch and fire a few rounds now and then. Also need a big shop so I can work on things. No matter how much money I got, I'm still going to work on my own stuff.
    Plus, it has a huge yard with no trees except for those bush like things around the pond. .
    Got to have trees. And the pond, need a pier with a party and fishing area or at least an ice chest full of beer and a lawn chair. LOL.. If there was trees, maybe a rope to swing out on , flip, dive in the water. LOL Couple four wheelers, some beer, pool tables. also change the brick on house to a more rustic type brick, maybe some cedar siding.
    Where the heck is the old broke down trucks at. I dont see a one in the yard . Do those people have any fun. I bet those folks sit at the breakfast table reading the stock market getting paper cuts on fingers while the kids have their own video game in each room of the house .
    As clear cut as that place is, I bet the only critters that ever come around are field mice. I dont like mice. And I dont see any woods anywhere.

My EBay bid would be 25K

14. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Looks impressive, but who could afford to heat the place? Then its so big who want to spend all their time cleaning the place or lookin for where they left something. I was painting in a house like that, so big I got lost, and had to have a notebook so I could find everything. Probably not a place I would live, as the previous post pointed out, too many drawbacks.

15. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Definately a "I made it" house, nice to look at but not for me--neat pic though. I too wondered about the lake!

16. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    ...The lake? Yeah, it's looks like a good crappie lake. Probably is. I mostly like the design.

This "house" is not in the woods, but it is right near the woods, and about 2 maybe 3 miles from Mark Twain Lake as the crow flies. About 10 miles from Clarence Cannon Dam, and within 15 miles of at least 5 boat ramps to the lake. This is right in the middle of redneck country. That house is worth more than the entire zip code it is located in. Unlike Lake of the Ozarks, the land around MTL is managed by the Corp. of Engineers, and is undeveloped. No hotels, no fancy homes, and not too many jet skiers.

Yeah, it's way to fancy for me too, but I have a background and interest in architecture. It's not that I would want to live there. I just think it's one of the most tasteful, unique homes that I've seen in a while. They done good. Yeah, I live in Boone County. I think it's the 3rd richest county in Missouri. There are plenty of big, gaudy, expensive homes, but for the most part...they are not unique. I appreciate mostly old Victorian and Gothic type structures, not sprawling hip roofed whatever they call them that all the rich folks seem to like.

17. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Forget the house...give me the garage! :eek:oooh::tounge_out:

18. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    ...Or the barn. It wouldn't fit in the frame, so I cropped it out of the picture.