A Note To My Kansas Brothers

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Chris, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I was just checking in, I havent seen a lot of talk lately. Everything is going well here, I have about another 9 months here in South Carolina. I am slowly stocking up on fishing gear when it goes on clearance so when I get home I will be ready to tackle the big cats. Before I came into the military my fishing gear was mysterious misplaced that why I have to start over again.

chris

2. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Chris, howdy, good to hear from you again. You have to give me a holler for sure when you get back. I'd sure like to take you out on the Catoon and fish Milford Lake with you.

3. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    Hey Chris
    Glad to hear your getting closer to coming home. Have you got a chance to do any fishing while you are in S.C.? Heard there some pretty good catfishing there.

4. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    AHHH Yes I have heard alot about Lake Milford, Jim I will take that offer up with you, maybe we could exchange a trip? I havent seen a lot of people chatting here in the Kansas section and was wonderin where everyone went to? I check the Kansas Thread every once in awhile to hear the latest and greatest on the fishing.

chris

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I dunno being 11 degrees today when I woke up. Just does not make me want to go fishing that bad.

6. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I agree with Crazy. It was 3 degrees here when I got up. Not in the fishing mood. LOL

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............its c c c cold here!!!! I'm with you guys, no fishing till it warms up........

8. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Its going to be 65 on Christmas Eve here, I am sure the lakes are frozen over, how about the rivers are they still flowing or have they been iced over?

chris

9. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    The kansas is pretty well iced over

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Water is a bit hard for catfishing right now.

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Chris, me and my fishing buddy were finally going to get out today, 2+ mph breeze, sunny, temp got up to 20deg, so naturally with no wind and that temp, the lake froze up. The ice was only 1/2inch and we could have busted thru it, but it would have taken forever to get to where we wanted to fish out by the dam. The lake has been open though, two boatramps ice free till this morning. It's just been too windy with these temperatures.
    Supposed to get up in the mid forties this weekend, so I'm hoping we'll make it out then.
    Where would you take me when I come fish with you, on the river? I'd sure like to try some river fishing. Kind of leery about taking the Catoon out with not knowing where I'd be fishing as I've not been on any of the bigger rivers.
    We'll sure fish Milford Lake though.

12. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Jim,
    Ever do any pheasant hunting during the time the lake is frozen? been doing pretty good out your way.

I visited milford lake last summer for the first time, did pretty good for a first trip. Caught lots of wihte bass along the dam, smallies and largemouth along the rock banks and a few nice channel cats at night. can't wait to get back there this spring. Thats one heck of a lake you all got out there!!!!!

13. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    Brad
    Have you seen many Quail? Been so busy working haven't gone out myself.

14. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Jim

I got a couple of spots that we could fish Kansas River, Mo River and the Maris Des Cygnes river. My uncle used to own a bunch of land next to the Mo river up in Weston but then we would have to purchase a out of state license. The Kansas and Maris Des Cygnes would be our best luck.

chris

15. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Actually you can fish from the Missouri side with a Kansas license, thanks to the reciprocal fishing agreement in effect. This works anywhere that the river forms the boundry between MO and KS, which is anywhere north of KC

16. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Steve,
    I've seen a covey here and there, but keep in mind that I'm pheasant hunting most of the time. if We see quail thats just a bonus. Wish there were more quail around I love quail hunting, but i'm not gonna walk all day to see one or two coveys.

17. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Brad, next time you head out this way I'd sure like you to give me a call, I'd be more than happy to meet you and take you out on the Catoon. I can't hunt anymore due to physical limitations. I sure did love it when I could though. I used to raise Beagles and Brittany Spaniels, I miss hunting alot. I still go driving around in the public hunting areas around the house, when I can't go fishing :)

18. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Gary, thanks for the info, hopefully I'll be able to put it to good use.

19. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Chris, sounds good to me. You are talking about fishing on the water, I hope. Can't do to much shore fishing as I can't walk to far, specially carrying a load. I do some shore fishing here at Milford, but it's right out the back of the truck, don't have to tote anything any distance. The way the weather man's talking tonight, I'll probably be on the lake Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and maybe even Sunday, temps are supposed to be in the high 40s to mid 50's. Looking forward to our fishing trip, your place and mine both. Maybe we can have some of the other guys from that area join us.

20. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I am sure they would love to join us! This winter I will be doing some scouting on unfimiliar waters on the Kansas, I am going be busy between hunting, scouting and working!

chris