A Note to My Friends

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jdstraka, Sep 5, 2006.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Everyone BOC. Brothers and Sisters Young and Old(like Me) I don't know if You Know it But all you Folks have made a Profound effect on this crazy Old Butchers life and it's all been for the Good. God Bless Each and Everyone of You! I know I don't spell the Best and my Prounication leaves alot to be desired but it never made any differance to You and I know it has made a differance to some of the others also! Anyway I think the spelling thing has to do with being Kicked in the head to many times by them Cows! I know that theres got to be a better way of getting a drink of Milk! LOL. J.D.

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Next time kill the cows before you start cutting on them!!Bwhaaaaaa:lol: :lol:

Always enjoyed your posts,I don't wori abut speling!!

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    John,
    That was a great post. Its you and people like you that make this place what it is and its a great place to say the least. It has sure brought a lot of positive things to my life.

In my opinion there are none of us that are perfect, whether its not being able to spell well, walk well, read well, type well, fish well, talk well, what have you. That should make no difference to anyone. Its the thoughts, opinions, compassion, etc. that matter.
    Yours have always been very sincere and from the heart and I love ya for it.

I am proud to call you friend and brother. Can't wait until the day I meet you in person and get to hug your neck. :smile2:

Have a great day!

Barb

4. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    It's always a plesure to read your post.

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I love to read your posts and I do not spell so well either. If spelling was counted here I would be in trouble.
    Bill

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great post John, thanks for sharing.

7. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother John,
    Don't worry too much about the spelling thing.
    I'm here to tell ya that as a multiple World published author; I have days that I could not spell my name correctly if my life depended on it!! Then there are other days where I could not misspell a word if I tried!
    If you ever make a post that I don't understand what your trying to say I'd like to think I would be smart enough to send you a PM asking for a bit more clarification!:smile2:
    If your really worried, us the "Spell Checker" program that can be installed and activated very easily here on the BOC Website! :smile2: It's a pretty neat setup that can save you a world of time and trouble with your spelling in your posts and PM's.
    "Thank You" for the open hearted post, but I think your might be worrying a bit too much! :smile2:
    Take Care, Keep Posting.
    Fraternally and Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

8. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    We are so glad to have you as a friend and brother, JD. You have been a great influence on all of us. Thanks for all of your great posts and just being here to talk to. Although, you are very welcome for what we have done to help you, we should be thanking you, Brother. Thanks alot and great post!!

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Mr. Straka, we feel blessed to have you as a member of this fine organization, my brother! Your spelling seems completely adequate to me, so just dismiss that from your mind and continue spreading your unique sense of humor and knowledge through your posts! I totally agree with you, the BOC is a special place full of special people. I'm so glad we're all a part of it. :smile2:

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You belong here and would be missed so stay from under them cows, drink milk like I do, attach a hose and kick the device with your foot. The foot acts as a pump and you don't need to put your head under there. I do admit it is sometimes difficult to drink milk when running and kicking.

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    John, it's always good to see ya here, love your posts!

12. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    What's up John, Im sure we can all understand the profound effect that this site has on you. The BOC is definatly different from other forum sites. Sure we (members here) disagree from time to time but we always manage to get pass our differences and tackle the next issue just the same way any family would. Thanks for this post brother.

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hear ya John,it's a pretty amazing place to hang out!-----------pk powell:smile2:

14. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    John, I want to thank you for all that you brought to this site and your a true freind to this site and I also think of you as a personal freind.May God Bless you in all that you have done and will do for this site and in your Life. Sincerely Greg Carlin (Your Indiana Brother)

15. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

John,

I am proud to be standing beside you misspelling the same words. I enjoy reading you post and your comical outlook on life really brings a smile to my face. Thanks for your bright out look on life and I hope that light shines true for many more members of the BOC.

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I reckon we'll keep ya...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I yam Popeye of Borg. Prepares ta be askimiligrated.

17. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    We appriciate you to brother .
    Brian

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    A tidbit about spelling.
    Its a proven fact that when we read we are recognizing words or a better term is word recognition.
    We dont read words we recognize them. Kids are taught to read by word recognition these days and I have experienced one child that couldnt read squat one day go to reading in a few days from an intensive school program called reading recovery. It is a 30 minute intensive word recognition session.
    So as long as you get the first letter and the last letter right in a word it is generally deciphered by our brain in a fraction of a second.:wink:

19. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thanks John for letting us be a part of your life also.

Yep I think JD is a keeper.:big_smile:

20. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    It's always a pleasure, John. :big_smile: