A Noodlers Night Out with the Boys...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by AwShucks, Mar 21, 2006.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I just heard that the City of Pauls Valley hosts a noodling tournement each June. You nuts may want to check up on it and get entered.

2. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    The okie noodling contest in Pauls Valley has been going on for 6 years now.There is always good food, music, and and fun. Sometimes you even get to talk to Danny King. I think he is a sponsor of it. There is also stuff for the kids like fish eating contest and face painting.Also you get to see lots of BIG flatheads, catfish too...if your a winner you win cash and other great prizes.I know been there and done it!!:)

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I reckon I should throw a disclaimer in there about the "nuts". I to have done that, but it was in my younger days. Now that I'm wiser, I watch others do it... still have all my fingers and toes...so, I quit while I am ahead.

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Anybody know who runs this tournament? I'd kinda like to talk to 'em about some stuff.

Jerrod

5. sem21

sem21 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    just go to the okie noodling web site. it will tell you all about it.

6. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Over the years the tournament has been sponsored by Pauls Valley Chamber of Commce, Budwiser, Danny King's Punch Bait, Pauls Valley Ford, Chesapeake Natural Gas, and KKNG 93.3 King Country Radio. The tournament usally takes place the last week of June but has been as late of the 8th of July.