A Night out bowfishing at Alum Creek....

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Desperado, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I took my friends that I got started in bowfishing to Alum Creek Lake. I got there bows together and we had a great night of bowfishing. Here is a few pictures of our trip. The first picture is Big Chessie(Spencer) on the left and Bass911(Jason) on the right with the pile of fish. The next picture is me with the mirror carp(15 lbs.) I shot and the third picture is the pile of fish. These guys are great to fish with and I'm glad I made new friendships with them and gain two more shooters for the bowfishing world. I'm getting them some applications for the BAA.

Attached Files:

2. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thats awesome brother. I have been wanting to get into bowfishing for sometime now. Just dont have the funds now. It sounds like a blast though. Reps to ya for getting your fellow brothers started.

P.S. Heck of a pile of fish. What are you gonna do with em?

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya all got a pile of fish there! What do ya do with em? I know my grandma would take em from my grandpa and she'd pressure cook em and make home made salmon patties out of em. How do you fix yours? Do you save the scraps for the catfish? Either way ya did real good!-----------pk powell:smile2:

4. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Great kill, I too would like to have some of your catch if you have to many to use yourself. I would like to make some smoked and pickeled fish if you have to many to use and have the room to freeze them. Let me know and we can hook up so I can pick your leftovers.

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Mike were are you at? I can hook up after a night of bowfishing and fill up your freezer.

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    That was one heck of an outing brother! :smile2:

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

congrats on a good trip, looks like you guys are dead on shots

8. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Good pile!

What kind of lighting setup you using?

Robert

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I'm using a 5250 genny running 6- work light housings with 2- 500 watt bulbs in the front and 4- 300 watt bulbs facing out, two on each side. Going though a breaker box with two 15 amp breakers.

10. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Youre going to need ALOT OF CORNMEAL!!!!

Good hunting brother!

11. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Awesome!!!!!!!! Sure wish we were closer I'd like to go some time with ya and see your boat up close.