A nice rub line...

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Johny Buck, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Johny Buck

Johny Buck New Member

State:
    virginia
    Just thought I would share a pic of a rub from a rub line that was a few hundred yards long. There were rubs bigger and smaller in the line this was about the average. I never saw the buck but my buddy had him at 17 yds and shot the arrow between his antlers glancing off a tine. I missed him last year at 22 yds on video. The deer is not real heavy but 24 inches wide. Maybe next year if he makes it through the winter.

Attached Files:

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Nice rub! I know of a line from last year along the side of a lake in a cedar woods. Id love to have seen the buck that made it.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    That must have been ur office huh??? a tie in the woods????lol j/k looks like a good spot u got there!!!!

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's a nice one. I hope you get him. I found a line like that late this year. Some rubs were as big around as a gallon milk jug. The only problem is the line is at the very top of a mountain and the only way in is, a 2 1/2 hour hike strait up the side. Unless I catch him at the bottom, he'll be someone else's deer!

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thats a nice hook. Also welcome to the BOC.

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    No deer scouting while on duty!!! That's cheating!! LOL!!:wink::smile2::smile2: