A New World Record Blue Cat!!!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by SkipEye, Aug 31, 2007.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    A new world record Blue Cat was caught near ALTON, IL in 2005.

Man, I hope this doesn't get out.

It could draw even more attention to our Alton fishery than even the revelation that some guy has been catching a few 50+ pounders near the dam. Or that a couple of locals were seen trying to fish near the dam gates where blue cats have been rumored to stack up in the summer.

Another fatal blow to the local fishery was dealt when a careless forum poster revealed the presence of man-made structures in the river near this same area. Prior to this faux paus it had been known by only very few lucky fishermen that some of these structures can provide ideal fish habitat.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Darryl, what is the gps coordinance to the man made structures? And which side of the dam were these monstors caught on? Just post it here I won't tell nobody:wink:. I'tll be are little secret I promise:cross::smile2:.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    If it didn't get out before, it's out now!!!
    ...W

4. grinnel

grinnel New Member

State:
    Pool 25, Mississippi MO
    Word has it, they were fishing out of the front of their boat, and up upriver!

Grinnel

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Hey Grinnel - I liked your old avatar better...:tounge_out:

6. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    I am 46 years OLD,I use to go to my friend's parent's club house on the river ever since I was 6 years old,and fishing and telling stories is what we looked forward to doing.The people on the river were the best people in the world it didn't matter if they were dirt poor or filthy rich they would do anything for one and other,from sharing fishing spots to sharing beers.We used to fish at Alton 40 years ago,the dam area is no secret and either is any wing dams along the way.If someone wants to share a good spot they found fine if not dont.I have had people offer me to go out in their boat that I dont even know this is the kind of thing that people used to do on the river when I was growing up.The BOC is full of people that would give you the shirt off their back,and some that wouldn't.

7. grinnel

grinnel New Member

State:
    Pool 25, Mississippi MO
    Quote: Hey Grinnel - I liked your old avatar better...

so did I, but I guess the avatar police didn't.....even though the rules say you can use a photo other than a picture of yourself as long as its in good taste and doesn't advertise..... :cornfusedsmiley:

I really didn't want to post my real picture, but I had no other choice. I'm sure some of you all have seen it before on billboards and such...Because when I'm not fishing, I'm usually busy modeling men's underwear for Calvin Klein.... :wink:

Grinnel

8. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I think I'm sick...

9. unclebill85

unclebill85 New Member

State:
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
    I'm with you on this one Mr. T! I pitty da fool...

Oh and Darryl, thanks for the tip...I think Cube and I might head East this weekend to fish that secret spot you are referring to. I was planning on bringing my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl as well. Let me tell ya, those two can't keep a secret for nothing.

Welcome to our little secret, please don't tell nobody. :roll_eyes:

Can't fault us for finding a little humor in all of this.

10. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Grinnel, there is an avatar picture and a profile picture. The avatar must be a picture of yourself, the profile picture which will be in your public profile can be of something else.

9. Avatar and Profile Pictures, Signature Rules

The Avatar picture option was created to allow members to visually identify who they are talking to and create an atmosphere of friendship by sharing your personal image, "Your face". This option does create a more favorable environment for all and is strictly voluntary to participate in.

The Avatar picture option will only contain a relatively recent recognizable photo of yourself and will not be abused by placing advertisements, pictures of dogs, cats, cartoons, or other images or other forms of animated media.

The Profile picture can be used to display another photo that you like as long as the picture is in good taste and does not contain advertisements.

The signature section of your profile may contain no more than 4 lines. Signatures which are too long, do not conform with the other rules regarding signatures, or which interfere with the display or readability of messages will be edited or removed.

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yes, please take it away!!! LOL

And while your at it, where is Mississippi, MO?

12. grinnel

grinnel New Member

State:
    Pool 25, Mississippi MO
    Well than….I stand corrected. Thanks for straightening that out for me Griz. I didn't know there was a difference

However, I think I’m square with avatar police now….honestly, I was doing it for the BOC’s best interest. Wait till you see the influx of new members now. All paparazzi of course..... ;)

grinnel

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    If I were allowed by rules, this is the avitar I would have.

14. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    You've had that avatar, on the old site.

15. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    good question kutter were is mississippi mo pool 25 would be winfield up to clarksville

16. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    John, seriously -- I'll vouch for a return of the Don King look.

I now realize you did that for our comfort and safety. Don't you know that smiling like that will get you on America's Most Wanted and will, without fail, forever prevent you from getting a job driving the Ice Cream truck?

Regardless, you do win the smarta-- award of the day. Congratulations. :smile2:

You're an OK joe after all. Minus the creeeeeepy smile.

17. grinnel

grinnel New Member

State:
    Pool 25, Mississippi MO
    Thanks bro'....I'm just trying to fit in with the rest of you hooligans and add a little humor to the day....!:tounge_out:

Its friday. Dove season starts in about 16 hours and I got a couple whisker fish tied up in a local hole for tomorrow afternoon! Couldn't ask for better weather for it all either...

grinnel

18. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

LOLOL, Kutter...gotta love it!!! :roll_eyes:

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Man that is creepy. Appears we have a throw back from the old conservation cafe.

20. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    It really worries me whenever someone uses a webcam-captured shot of themselves, *SHIRTLESS*, as their avatar photo.

My only conclusion is that it must have been the last shot the webcam took before it fell into the jar of KY (old style, not the new "warming" stuff) and shorted out...:eek:oooh: