A New Stamp Tell me its not true!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by GrandpaGoneFishing, Nov 2, 2006.

1. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I recieved this email today.

The CHRISTMAS STAMP

How ironic is this??!! They don't even believe in Christ and they're getting their own Christmas stamp, but don't dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property?

USPS New Stamp

This one is impossible to believe. Scroll down for the text.

If there is only one thing you forward today.....let it
    Be this!

ðäÆ

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm
    Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World
    Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine
    Barracks in Lebanon!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military barracks in Saudi Arabia!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on 9/11/2001!

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class
    Holiday postage stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp when purchasing your stamps at the post office. To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know

GOING TO DIG UP THE GOODS ON THIS ONE ​
    :0a36: ​

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Oh man.. Being a Philatelist (Stamp collecter) I am torn...Should I get this to add to my collection on the grounds that it has a signifigance and could possibly be worth some money or should I just pass it up and jot down the scott # and ingnore it... I think I will wait till someone sends one to me so I wont have to purchase it then I will tell the person who sent it to me about this atrocity.:confused2:

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
  4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is nothing less than extremely offensive to our men and women who are striving daily to protect our freedom on foreign soil.I refuse to purchase any such stamp period.If we had a President,he would demand that this not be sold!:crazy:

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Do some folks just sit around waiting for somwthing to throw a fit about.

What are you all talking about.

There is no such thing.

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Its old news if you go to the link above and has nothing to do with Xmas. GWBush even put his "stamp" of appproval on it by making one of his stumbling speeches about the holiday and stamp. Like it or not, Islam is the second fastest growing religion in the U.S. Several million who practice the religion live within or borders. Expect more recognition of that fact in the future.

7. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    this stamp does not bother me a bit i know a old man who is muslim and here is the shocking part he is not a terrorist

8. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Oh for Goodness sake.

2 things:

Christmas scenes and 10 commandments do not belong on public property and I can't see why this bothers anyone. You can post them all over any private property that you want! There are only two reasons why this bothers anyone: either you want to shove the religion down someone else's throat against their will, or you are bothered just because someone else told you that you should be.

Moslem stamp also should not bother you. Do not forget that all Moslems are not guilty of these horrendous crimes. Do not condemn a huge portion of the world because of the actions of a relative handful of zealots. And, by the way, that kind of attitude is exactly what Osama wanted to create with the attacks of 911. He wanted to draw us into open conflict and make us hate the whole Moslem world so that we would turn the rest of the moslty moderate (and blameless) Moslem world against us. They wanted to polarize the world again, because the truth is that much of the Moslem world is becoming more and more moderate and they want to get along, if given the chance.