A New Sheriff in Town

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rsimms, Jul 6, 2008.

1. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Had a real blast Saturday. I just absolutely love watching youngsters catch fish, and get REALLY excited about it. :big_smile:
    Bo Ellis and his son Kevin came up from Chatsworth, Ga. to fish the Tennessee River with me today (Chickamauga Lake). I'm not catching a lot of size right now, but we sure are catching big numbers. We played with the bass a while at daylight, but they were just marginally cooperative. Switched to catfish and I think we had a triple on the first drop, plus several more throughout the day. I went through LOTS of chicken breast, which is fine with me when it's because we're catching fish. Kevin was smokin' Dad for a while and said, "This is the first time I've ever caught more than you Dad. I believe there's a new Sheriff in town." I loved it. :smile2: The fish seemed to be bunched in various spots today... but we found them anywhere from 36 feet down to 60 feet. Bo had hold of one horse that was ripping drag and had him hanging on for dear life. Sadly, he just came unbuttoned after about 10 or 15 seconds. Sometimes the big ones really do get away. :embarassed: Life is good and gettin' better every day!

Attached Files:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you all really got into the cats. Congrats on a good trip

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thanks for the report richard, I also love it when youngesters can best the rest on the boat. Keep them coming richard.

4. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the report Richard, there is something special about making memories that last forever, sounds like you nailed it.