A new setup for you

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by geihsler, Jul 16, 2006.

1. geihsler

geihsler New Member

State:
    nebraska
    I read alot of people looking for a varible depth setup. I use a pole float with a bead slightly larger than you line. If you double your line in a simple knot, and run a peice of dental floss thought the loop and pull tight. You end-up with a bobberstop that you can cast though the eye-lets of your pole. I normally set them at 5-10ft deep without a problem casting. Pull the floss and you can simply pull the knot out. If I'm not mistaken, this is the easiest variable bobber stop out there. With a bead above the bobber and the hook set so it doen't cross over the top of the bobber(the helicopter effect). A leathal rig for any fish. Let me know what you think!

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Great post!

I just now began expertimenting with the exact set-up you are talking about, expcept I use a different knot for the bobber stop. What I need to learn is what, when, and where on the depth setting for the bait. It is a method that can produce some fish, especially suspended fish in deep water.

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Sounds like another good tip, gonna have to store that one away.

Aaron

TA2D

4. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I'm going to have to start writing these rigs/ideas down, or print them out. Going to have to try this rig out also. Thanks

SudDawg

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I never thought of using dental floss.Handy,packaged neat,easy to keep.Is any biodegradable so you need not worry if it got away from you?I am old and clumsy.I have to chase a lot of things as I often drop them.peewee-williams

6. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    sounds like it shout work grate.