A nasty couple of weeks

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 1sporticus, Mar 6, 2007.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi BOC family, I need to tell you all of a nasty couple of weeks. 24 Feb, took the wife down to the local boat club for a wild game feed. We had an ice storm that day, and had lost power for over an hour (found out we was the lucky ones). Anyway we had eaten very well even attended the following jam session, and was home fast asleep by 10pm. Well I woke up in the middle of the nite with stomach cramps, diarhea, and cold sweats, I knew it had to be food poisioning, so after the sickness started to go away, I thought I'd make another dash to the potty. While on my way there, it seems as if my right leg went out on me, and I fell in my bedroom breaking two bones in my leg just below my right knee. Well for those of you that don't know me, I'm a big boy, 320lb@ 6'2" anyway when I fell, I knew there wasn't any moving of me with out qualified help, so the wife called 911, and they hauled my big ole butt out of there, and off the the hospital I went. This was 25 Feb, well I just got home today,6 Mar, with some more metal in my leg, and a Thank God I'm home feeling. Hope youall are doing better, LMAO
    Later Andy

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dang the luck Andy I'm sorry to hear that but glad you're home and that you weren't hurt worse you'll be in my prayers get healed up its time to start chasin cats!!

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    sorry to hear about your fall ,hope you get well soon

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry to hear of your unfortunant luck. Hope your leg heals up well.

5. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sir,
    I am sorry to hear about your injury. I will tell you I injured my heel almost a year and half ago. I went to the doctor and he decided that surgery was the only option. So they went in and put two 3 inch titanium screws inside of my heel. Doctor told me that I would have to attend physical therapy for six months, so I did to no avail. Doctor put me in for another six months with moderate success. The doctor told me from the begining that I would never again be able to run, jump or do anything else as good as I once could. I'll tell you it was the worst year of my life. However if I would not of broken my heel, I probably would not have gotten back into fishing nor would I have discovered the B.O.C.
    So the moral of this story is this:
    I am not one to question the things that happen in life, I just adapt and overcome and you know, I usually will find something positive out of every bad situation that comes my way!

Hang in there, every day that leg will get a little bit stronger!
    Garrett

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Dangit Andy!!! Well, I hope you get healed up properly and quickly. My prayers will be sent from Oklahoma.

7. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    glad you are home, we will say a special prayer for you . god bless

8. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Andy, what a deal! So glad you're back home with your family and hope your healing is steady and quick! Take good care and remember .... fishin is great medicine :lol:

9. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    just be luck that you don't need two legs to fish. Best Wishes and Hope your healing process goes quick.