A Must See!!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by GoFish_Tony, Sep 26, 2006.

1. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    This will help you like YOUR job a whole lot better!!!
    Eeeeesh!!!!
    _

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Have seen those before, makes ya want to not take up construction as a job for sure. LMAO

3. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Yeah, that would be quite the surprise day or night. The gator I could probably wrap my mind around, but that is just TOO many snakes to deal with at one time.:crazy:

Vic

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gators I'm not accustomed to because of where I live,however the county I live in according to Fish and Game is full of Timber rattlers.I personally have seen one I hope I don't I don't like snakes period!:crazy:

5. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I talked with a couple BOC brothers at NG1 (sorry, but I forgot who you are) and they talked about gator hunting. Looking at the size of this gator I think I will just stick with catfishing.
    :lol:

And those snakes...*shivers*
    ... they could just keep that section of pipe. They look like they want it more then I need it! LOL
    _

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Yes, that is the way it is down there. They left out the scorpions though. :lol:

Gives you new appreciation for the work these guys do!

7. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    I'd take those snakes over spiders any day. :lol:

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Wowzerz! Thats a HUGE Gator! And I don't like snakes either... I would ask for hazard pay for sure! LOL

9. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I am sick and tired of these Mo____ ___king snakes on this __ther Fu_____ BOC.... LOL I am joking.... I thank that quote is from a movie.

10. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    that gator could ruin your day real quick but the snakes would have been better than christmas, I hunt snakes in oklahoma and texas might have to think about florida.

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    sounds like a good job , any money in hunting snakes , i need a job again

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I dont think I would like that job but a man has to do what he can to put food on the table:big_smile:

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am surprised that you didn;t notice those snakes in the picture being that you are a western snake hunter.First thing that I noticed was that they were a very strange snake to be found in Florida.Even stranger to be found in such numbers.I looked them up in both my Atlas of Snakes and my Atlas of Reptiles to see if I was right in where they came from.Those snakes are crawlers now.They have done some traveling to get to Florida.Please be very careful until you I D these snakes.Best of luck brother.peewee-williams

14. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    The gator and the rattlers are all awesome critters. Thanks for sharing the pics.

15. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    :crazy: Yeeeeeoww, Remember that old song? I dont like spiders and snakes, and that aint what it takes to love me ,you fool you fool. That song poped into my head as soon as i saw that pile of snakes.:lol:

16. FROG

FROG New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    That is the day I become unemployed

17. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Hi peewee,
    The likeness between the eastern and the western are alot alike and for the numbers of them in one spot is nesting which happens alot when a location is selected as a den.
    The eastern diamondback rattlesnake is the largest venomous snake in North America and the largest rattlesnake in the world. Adults usually stretch four to five feet in length and weigh four to five pounds, although a few eight-foot, ten-pound giants have been documented. In spite of the diamondback’s size, you’ve got to have pretty good eyes to spot one. The snake’s bold pattern—dark brown diamonds outlined in pale yellow—provides the perfect camouflage in the dappled light and shadows of the southern pine grasslands where it ranges.
    Originally, the eastern diamondback resided in longleaf pine forests. Now, with only 2% of those forests still in existence, the diamondback has been forced to adapt to man-made habitats—shortleaf and loblolly pine forests, vacant lots, and abandoned fields. It is found along coastal lowlands from southeastern North Carolina to eastern Louisiana, including all of Florida. The species is often associated with gopher tortoise burrows—mammoth holes that average 15 feet long and six feet deep. (Over 300 invertebrates and 60 vertebrates depend on these burrows for cover or food.)

ka_c4_boom
    The price for rattle snake meat averages 8.00 per lb and .50 per inch for the skin.
    I catch and release everyone I catch, even one that I caught in 2002 that I found out later that would of been the oklahoma state record and a picture and witness was not enough, the snake was 89" and the record was 86 1/2" and I thought the record was 96 1/2" but still I think about that snake every time I am in the area, its been 4 years and if it is still around, it would be great to find.
    if you ever want to get a few snakes let me know , I am always looking for a excuse to go.

18. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The eastern and western are not this much alike.Look at those pictures 8 or 10 more times.I started selling snakes in southern Florida in 1956.The first thing about the picture that I noticed was that those are not Eastern Diamondbacks nor Timber,Canebrake or Swamp Rattler as people call them.I thought they were western.I looked it up to be sure of where they were from.peewee-williams

19. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I think gators are neat ,long as you respect them .Now snakes is another story,I can't stand them. Only good snake is a dead snake.
    Wonder who got the job of tieing the gator up and cleaning the snakes out of the pipe. I know who it wouldn't of been.

20. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Awsome photos,thx for sharing.