Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending the day yesterday around all these catfishin' gurus, pouring over my CC catalog, readin' everything here, and poking around in the garage, I've made a decision.

I'm going out next weekend.

Don't know where or when. Don't care - I'm goin' out.

Don't know what the weather's gonna be like. Don't care - I'm goin' out.

Doesn't matter if I get a 40 pound flattie, a 4 poind channel, a 4 ounce shad, or nuthin' at all. Don't care - I'm goin' out.

After all, a man sometimes just has to do what's right... right?

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's how I feel about right now but it seems like when the river starts to calm down a big ole snow storm or rain pours through. Alwell I'll get out there evenually but evenually is never soon enough

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Jerry, its your ambition towards fishing that I really enjoy from you. You don't complain or get upset when things aren't going well, you just stay determined to get out and enjoy your love for the sport! This is why I truely know you are on the verge of catching some great fish in the near future. If I wasn't going to the James I would be more than glad to meet up with you and wet a line rain or snow brother!!! go get em! rollo

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Good luck Jerry, hope you can connect with a few.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys... I just know that if I don't get out and wet a line, then it's gonna get bad. Real bad.

My wife is encouraging me in this decision... :smile2:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You can always come back over here and cook up those great hamburgers and we could melt more lead if the weather don't cooperate. If you do havean idea of going somewhere let me know when and where, maybe I could join ya.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I know what you mean. I work three weeks on and three weeks off 200 miles inside the artic circle in Alaska. It's -35 degrees today so it doesn't matter what it is like at home I'm going fishing this weedend!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for the late updates - this week has been one for the books...

Anyway, went out, got pretty much skunked, but had a great time! Tried some new spots, tried some new rigs, and generally made it a learning/experimenting day.

Was very, very nice to get out again... if only this weekend wasn't going to be so messy, I'd do it again...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can always come back over here and cook up those great hamburgers and we could melt more lead if the weather don't cooperate. If you do havean idea of going somewhere let me know when and where, maybe I could join ya.
If I had seen this earlier, I would have done it for sure!!! Would be a pleasure to go wet a line with you - and I'll even bring extra burgers!! :roll_eyes: Let me know when/where, and I'll be there (work permitting)!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.