A man sometimes just has to do what's right.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by jerryb, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After spending the day yesterday around all these catfishin' gurus, pouring over my CC catalog, readin' everything here, and poking around in the garage, I've made a decision.

I'm going out next weekend.

Don't know where or when. Don't care - I'm goin' out.

Don't know what the weather's gonna be like. Don't care - I'm goin' out.

Doesn't matter if I get a 40 pound flattie, a 4 poind channel, a 4 ounce shad, or nuthin' at all. Don't care - I'm goin' out.

After all, a man sometimes just has to do what's right... right?

2. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    That's how I feel about right now but it seems like when the river starts to calm down a big ole snow storm or rain pours through. Alwell I'll get out there evenually but evenually is never soon enough

3. jjfisher666

jjfisher666 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    wish i was fishing easier than typing maybe tommorow?

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sounds like a good decision to me:smile2:! Good luck out there brother.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jerry, its your ambition towards fishing that I really enjoy from you. You don't complain or get upset when things aren't going well, you just stay determined to get out and enjoy your love for the sport! This is why I truely know you are on the verge of catching some great fish in the near future. If I wasn't going to the James I would be more than glad to meet up with you and wet a line rain or snow brother!!! go get em! rollo

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Good luck Jerry, hope you can connect with a few.

7. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks, guys... I just know that if I don't get out and wet a line, then it's gonna get bad. Real bad.

My wife is encouraging me in this decision... :smile2:

8. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You can always come back over here and cook up those great hamburgers and we could melt more lead if the weather don't cooperate. If you do havean idea of going somewhere let me know when and where, maybe I could join ya.

9. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I know what you mean. I work three weeks on and three weeks off 200 miles inside the artic circle in Alaska. It's -35 degrees today so it doesn't matter what it is like at home I'm going fishing this weedend!

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i hear that loud n clear.:wink:

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    been here reading for 4 hours but after seeing this post im outta here.im going fishing.thank you for lightening a fire.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I was informed yesterday that I didnt need to work weekends for the next month. Can ya guess where I'll be? :cool2:

13. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    I am with you all! Enough of these stupid stocked trout, I am going to hit an open stretch of river Sunday too.

14. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry for the late updates - this week has been one for the books...

Anyway, went out, got pretty much skunked, but had a great time! Tried some new spots, tried some new rigs, and generally made it a learning/experimenting day.

Was very, very nice to get out again... if only this weekend wasn't going to be so messy, I'd do it again...

15. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I had seen this earlier, I would have done it for sure!!! Would be a pleasure to go wet a line with you - and I'll even bring extra burgers!! :roll_eyes: Let me know when/where, and I'll be there (work permitting)!!