A look from lock& dam 13 on the arkansas river in arkansas

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Bait Boat, May 8, 2009.

1. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Every spring same old story:smile2:

2. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thats full.

3. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    just curious baitboat ........ what is the cfs in that picture ?????????

4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Regan,
    That is too much stinking water. The Arkansas River might as well be called Lake Arkansas.
    Each time we seem to get a sunny day, which isn't often lately, we get dumped on.
    Oh well, like Jerry Clower once said, "it could be worse."

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    We were there today ate our lunch while watchin the water. only one guy fishin in a white truck. another guy walkin around with a bow and arrow. only saw one fish break the surface but dont know what it was. We were in a white ford truck. it was pretty high up. but just seem to lumber along at a steady pace. Coach, I dont know what the CFS was but its still way slower than the sippi.. I didnt see any trash either, I recon it already flushed on down. Im ready to hit it. :wink:

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    191000 CFS....come on Mac ya gotta get the "flow" in your forecast:wink::smile2::tounge_out:

7. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Myself and Angelkitty went to Regional Park in Pine Bluff yesterday. Needless to say it is under water. But we did fish some of the backwater and i caught three Channel cats weighing about 1.5 pounds each, maybe up to two pounds. And caught lots of shad. Gonna go back down there tomorrow and catch some more shad for the freezer. And try for some more kitty's if the water is not too high where we can not get in!

8. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    seems so calm but can be dangeriouse , mac if you are takeing your boat count me in :smile2:

9. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I saw the flow was 148,000 at 13. It`s 151,000 at Dardanelle. Way to fast for drift fishing. I have learned my lesson on fishing out there when it`s over a 100, 000! We almost did`nt make it back last year!!

10. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Smelly, Really glad to hear that you are not just a year older, but by gosh you are a LOT wiser too!:smile2: Seems like after last years lifejacket practice run, you tore them up the next time out! Be patient and you will be around to domino on those Dardenelle cats again this year! Be ready.:wink:

11. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    It woulda made a perfect,"what not to do" video!!
    Maybe we need a " worlds dumbest fishermen" library.