A litttle Fish Diddy for you..................

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jun 24, 2009.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A fishing forum and therefore a little Fish Diddy for you fisherman.

This is not a test, God I hate tests. Read this puppy and tell me what you think the point is.

At the bottom of the sea
    Swam a little fish...and me
    A canny clever thing I be
    I'll not be anybody's tea.

Alas a little fishy friend
    One day he met a gruesome end
    A helping fin, I tried to lend
    That hook was stuck .... it would not bend

I vowed right then to stay away
    From little worms that came my way
    My plankton dinners were OK
    The price of worm I would not pay!

But one day as I swam on by
    A glint of silver caught my eye
    My fishy heart expelled a sigh
    I clean forgot I might fry

A little look, it couldn't hurt
    A silver sinker quite inert
    Just around the edge I'll flirt
    After all, I'm so alert

It is good to have a clever mind
    A daring heart is mighty fine
    But luck that day was just not mine
    My tail got tangled in that line

That slow ascent had now begun
    I knew my "goose" was truly "done
    That hook and worm I always shun....
    without a bite, their work was done!

But then my joy returned.............yippee!
    As that bloke untangled me
    "This fish is way too wee"
    He hurled me back into the sea!

The lesson that I now relate
    Which nearly sealed a horrid fate
    Is while your cravings might be great
    There is no safe way to play with bait Unk. Auth

Need some members interpretation here. Is there a life's lesson here for us fish guys? Common BG need a good one liner.

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Well f*&@ me, ....a singing fish...W

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well, we finally got one reply from that transplanted Limey. Wish he could spell better.

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Post, your little dilly was a little long for me to retain it all, but using my SWAG system, I believe it is saying that you are better off being a small fish in the sea vs a large one.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hmmm I kinda took that just because the meal was easy to get the rest is fatal i.e. just because something is easy doesnt mean its good for you.

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice reply Mr Mac. Would agree with you. As least not be an edible one anyhow. Or a trash fish like a gar. Might find your snout buried in the sand on the bank.

I think it had another kinda meaning though. to me anyhow. guess it depends on ones situation. Thanks for commenting Mr Mac Byrum.

John.

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mr Ryan. Thanks for replying. Might be the last. See we got two moderators looking at this. Geez.

Good point as true as anyones interpretation could be. Be careful what is in the bottom of the pickle barrel when asked to take one 'eh?

Thanks for replying. John.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I must have missed somethin. What song am I supposed to be singin this to. :wink: Ya let her catch ya and now shes tossin ya back. Shoulda finned her. :cool2:

9. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ah BG. This grasshopper (I think he is dead by the way. Croaked in Thailand doing something they teach 3rd graders to do in Joisey) learns much from you wise one. Don't let 'em take your awards aways BG. You wouldn't sparkle in the sun anymore. Other than your chrome dome that is. LOL.

Thanks for replying George. John.

10. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Fish can talk??? This is an incredible discovery!

...anyways, on a more serious note, the fish started in the beginning by talking about the smaller fish that got eaten. Then he got caught accidentally when he wasn't even going for the bait and he was too small. I gather that there is a fine line of what a keeper is and when to throw a fish back. This brings up the whole issue of CPR and when to throw fish back. It's going to be different for each fisherman, but there are certain standards that most should abide by...too small let them get bigger, 4-10 lbs or so, fry 'em up if that's your cup of tea, any bigger than that, let them age and grow to the new state records! Well that's my two cents.

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Justin, gonna call ya J-8. Just my way of talkin to people. I pick out a nick from their avatar. Helps me remember folk. I am an old man ya know.

Good point. One that causes some controversy around here. Controversy is good. Frankly I love controversy. Beats napping in the sun or dying. You are right. This "diddy" could be interpreted exactly as you think, and I thank you for your reply.

John.

P.S. Haven't ya ever heard a catfish talk to ya when you haul his soon to be dead a## out the water. His grunts and croaks.YThat is a language Lad, one we don't understand but a language nonetheless.

12. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Just the way i understood it was: Some times when you shouldnt do stuff, you simply shouldnt do it! the fish said he was going to stay far away from the danger that took his little friend away, but one day he got too nosey (ballsie) and was testing fate, when all of a sudden he was swept into danger himself! He was lucky enough to be turned back (saved) this day due to being young, but as you get older your luck starts running out, and you might not be so lucky to live when you test your fate. If something looks to dangerous STAY AWAY! dont test your fate people! This is just the way i took it.

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The message seems to be very clear. Never try to hold back your bodily waste functions. You could pop a gut or worse mess your self....:cool2:

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Matthew: I'm gonna nick ya "Granite City" that is what Aberdeen means, you of Aberdeen Ohio.

Good point and well made for someone who is about a 100 years younger than me. "One day he got too nosey (ballsie) and was testing fate" as I have just quoted you. Good thought and as you get older, you will find out that that statement you have made is prophetic. Maybe you will be put in the Bible between Luke and John. But I see you are already Matthew, so you are there already. Use a ghost writer name like Aberdeen. Matthew, Mark, Luke, Aberdeen and John. I luv it.

Teasing aside, thank you for replying and giving us your thoughts. John.

15. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Aberdeen, ignore Holsky in his post. You haven't been around here long enough to understand Jack. Just a little note. You could have been around here forever and still not understand Jack.

16. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    The true meaning to that little diddy ...Is you got waaaayyyyyyy to much free time on your hand's ..lol go out and rope some corn or something lmao

17. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    James, I believe PB would be better at making a pig squeal!

18. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    James, you from Californi. You work for the Terminator. GEEZE. I don't have no Govt job like you. True the Govt pays me about a 1/3 of what I paid them for 50 years but GEEZ! I admit James I got a lot of time on my hands, but James give me a break. When Californi gets more broke than it is you might just make some money writing "diddy's" to pay the mortgage or Pelosi's snack bill when she isn't poking at some military guy calling her "Maam". I could tell ya what I would call her if given a chance on ABC. GEEZ!

19. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mac, I don't like to hear anything squeal unless it is a snitch turning in some Govt boondoggle. I like pigs Mr Mac. Money in the bank. Like my profile says we are the state with "bacon in the makin'""

20. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Bought this house new... paid cash 7 year's ago ......But your right if cali goes goes under anymore i might turn to selling my body on the street's for a pack of cigg's:smile2: