A Little "Tn river" Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by puddle jumper, Feb 24, 2009.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Got out today on and below Ckick Lake with a buddy from work that I havent been able to fish with in a while, we fished below the dam for most of the morning and moved up on the lake for the afternoon bite..

Fishing was slow below the dam, we fished for brim for several Hrs and next to no results caught about half a dozen big brim two little perch and for about a hr caught about a dozen,, 1-3 lb channel cats all on U/L which was fun, it was funny about the Channel Cats all of the fish where caught in a short time and then just cut off again "none before, none after"..

We moved up onto the lake for some afternoon blues and things work out up there good, We fished for only about three hrs and managed in the area of 20 cats from 2-16lbs,,, little cold "ya right" and definently windy, water has cooled a little back down "46 if I rember right", but it was a nice day on the water with a good friend...
    Puddle:wink:

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      28.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      26.2 KB
      Views:
  2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great day on the water brother, congrats. Were you drifting for these cats or were you anchored in. What depth was the water?

3. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I try to anchor up with new guy, untill they get used to hooking up with circle hooks "leave the poles in the holder untill they are on", and we where in 50 ft of water, I kept a couple of the blues for dinner and as a side not they are starting to get there eggs ready, probaly the last ones I will keep untill after they spawn..
    Puddle

4. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    glad you and smoke got on some fish. thanks for the post and the pics

5. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    great report John, glad you had a great day.

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds like a good days fishin John, thanks for the report and the pics. :cool2:

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    John sound's like a great day fishing with friend's ...The catching part is the bonus:smile2:Fish On

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for another great report John. I am glad to hear you were catching some fish.