a little sick

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Feb 15, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am a little sick....It happens but I do not like it one bit....We lost about 20-30 pounds of filets to freezor burn.This dont usualy happen to me and it stinks cause I hate it giong to waste.Hindsight is 20/20 but if I knew this was gonna happen I'd threw em back.There is 5 in my house and when my two brothers and 5 more youngsters show up fer fish we eat alot.....heck just my house alone eats alot.....life revolves roun fishin:roll_eyes:
    Oh please warm up I am ready to get out of the house

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Kenny, this is what I do to stave off freezer burn: Place them fillets in a good quality ziploc freezer bag. Fill the bag almost to the top with water, then squeeze out any remaining air. Your fish will forever be cryogenically sealed, and will remain fresh into the next millenium.

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yeah, plus you dont have to let them go to waste you can put them in a blender with some chicken livers and make chum out of em. see there is a bright side to everything.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks you two,never thought bout it that way Joey and Kat thats a little different than I was taught but I will be diong that way this year cause this bites....

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    This works for me also. Sorry to hear about the loss of fillets Kenny.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a very sad story. Don't sound like you are eating them fast enough. The faster you eat them the more you can catch.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats to bad ,:wink:but the water in the bag works !

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Another vote for water in the bag, it really works well. I also put a day/month/year on it with a permanent marker then try to rotate and use my oldest fish first.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I too use the water ,plus about a teaspoon salt added ,dont know if it helps ,just have always done it that way.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My unc says I aint eating them up fast enough too but it is nice to have a few cat din-dinns over the winter and I have 5 to feed so I need to have a grip.My lilltest and the Boy love fish and threre has been times they eat as much as me or more.