A Little Kindness!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TOPS, Jun 21, 2007.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I stopped and talked to an 89 year old man about a center console Kenner boat today 21 June 07. This man was the kindest man That I have met in a while. He told me he could not sell his boat yet. I stayed and talked to him about and hour and found out he had about 3 catalpa trees. He told me that I could get all the worms that I needed. I did not get any worms but they are there for the taking if I should need them. Also as I was leaving for home he stopped me and got my home phone number, He told me he would give me a call if he decided to sell the boat. Alittle kindness goes along way! He told me to stopped by and talk to him anytime. I told I would do that.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Top I am glad that you stopped and talked to him. It is great to just say hey sometimes to complete strangers.

3. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    The song: "Try A Little Kindness" (Glen Campbell) comes to mind.

Good one Sarge!

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Get real lonely sometimes,especially if they got no kinfolk.They delight in people stopping to give them the time of day,sometimes they have many words of wisdom that we younger folk would do well to pay attention too. Possibly Top he was hanging onto that boat cause it was shall we say part of his "Comfort Zone" looking at it may bring back many fond memories of happy times,and he still needs that in his life. I want to personally say thank you Sir, for stopping and speaking with him,what kindness you bestowed upon him for doing that. You indeed Sir are a very kind man.------Sister Pat:big_smile:

5. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Im proud of you Verlon, be it young or old, kindness always pays no matter what. That's what makes this world a great place to be and it gives a great first impression that could lead into lifetime friendship/kinships. I try to practice this myself.

6. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    thanks for the gesture and post. My father is older, bad health, don't talk much on the phone b/c it's extremely hard to understand what he's saying, to far to drive etc. Hummmm I'm taking him fishing this year, probably be his last time? Wouldn't miss that for the world.

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    You're a good man Top'
    I have a soft spot for old people. They can be so interesting to talk to.
    This last Tuesday I went to the funeral of my wife's uncle Henry. He was 96.
    I met him about 5 years ago and came to love him dearly. He was sharp and had a quick wit.
    He told me dozens of stories about his youth, working in the mines, the Normandy landings, all kinds of stuff.
    As I stood looking at his casket although I felt a loss I also felt privileged to be a keeper of those stories and to have known him...W

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    way to go to go top it dont hurt anyone to be a good neighbor.but you need to go over just as its getting grey in the morning and stand by the bottom of thoes catalpa trees.the bigger worms,the ones ready to go in the ground,will crawl down and you can pick them off the tree.no climbing and no beating the tree.

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I love talking to the older generation. Some very interesting conversations have been had. My wife says no matter where we go some one will talk to me. I told her I must look lonely. LOL

10. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    those catalupa worms would be benificial to you and him both
    you could take him up on his generous offer and take him for a cup of coffee and conversation each time you replinish your bait.
    better yet take him fishing.
    at his age maybe he doesn't like to go out by himself .
    winston reminded me of a trip to baldwin lake last summer.
    we were coming in from an early morning outting and at the ramp there was an elderly gentleman with his dog and i spoke to him while we were
    loading up .
    i offered him a cold pop and we continued to talk a little while after we had secured everything .
    he was a veteran of WWII also and shared a few little stories with us .
    i could have sat and talked to him all day .

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Top, thanks for being so kind to old people. I'm kind of partial to old people.:wink: