A little information

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by poopdeck [patrick], Mar 20, 2006.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Heres a little information for any one who is planning on fishing the alton tournament on sat the 25th. The mississippi will rise about 18 inches then drop a little right before the tourney. The missouri will rise about two feet. Now I heard that most of the big fish from the last tournament were caught from the mo and its water was a few degrees warmer than the miss.

Does any one in here know the water temp of these two rivers. Its soppossed to be in the mid fiftys on sat. Hope to see you all there good luck. heres a link where you can check on river levels in the future. http://www.riverwatch.noaa.gov/forec...VSLSX_MS.shtml

2. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    thanks for the info. I plan on hitting the water below the dam again late next week if it gets a little better then it was today. Windy and cold as h@## try snagging for some spoonbills but didnt have any luck. I almost have my boat ready and as soon as I get it done I plan on getting it in at the dam for some blues. I stopped in at a bait and tackle in alton and the clerk there was telling me they have cat fishing tournaments every weekend I think he said the name of it but for the life of me I dont remember. I told him about the BOC will wait and see if he gets on here. Very nice fellow he was. well good luck with the tournament.
    Bondman