A little help

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by Strider187, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Strider187

Strider187 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Howdy everybody,

So I just got out of the Army, of which I spent my 3.5 year "career" in VA. I didn't take up catfishin too much until I met an avid enthusiast of it up there and it became my favorite type of fishin'. At any rate i'm just getting back home for good finally and was curious if anybody wanted to give me a few ideas on the closest/best areas near Anniston to catch some big cats, or just someplace with a steady bite would be better than nothing. Thanks in advance.

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Can't help you as I'm not from that area. Welcome to the BOC and welcome home. Thanks for what you did.

3. lwarren

lwarren New Member

State:
    alabama
    I live in Pell City on Logan Martin lake. There are huge opportunities on Logan to catch a monster cats. I regularly catch them in the 20's and have a personal best of 50#s. There are much bigger ones out there and occasionally people catch them up in the 80 plus range. If you are bank fishing try around the Riverside area under I-20 or hwy 78 or Hwy 34 under stemley bridge. If you have a boat the main channel is a good spot to start trying.

4. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Welcome to the BOC....The coosa is not that far away from you and it has some good flathead fishing and some decent blues....:wink:

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just about anywhere in Alabama there is good cat fishing and welcome to the BOC