a little help - catfishing in North Carolina

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by laidbck111, Jun 10, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

can anyone give me an idea of where to head to in north carolina for some decent catfishing. Ive been to jordan and few ponds in my area but nothing over 8 pounds since i moved here. a little help can go a long way.

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Benji, I live in western NC, so I'm not really sure what to tell you. We do have members from that area, it may be that they are just not online right now. You might want to make your thread title a little more specific, such as, Where to fish in the Chapel Hill area?:smile2:Jordan would be the only lake I know of to suggest.

3. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Try lake Norman it has some big Blues and Fatheads.

:0a26:

:cat:

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Ace is right, but Norman is about three hours away from you. Badin and/or Highrock would be closer by about an hour or so. Or if you want, go southeast and hit the Neuse River.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

hey guys thanks for your respose I did find a thread that helped right after I posted. I think I will try Norman and another small lake called Kain creek I hear that they both have some good fishing.

6. youngcatfisherman55

youngcatfisherman55 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Kain Creek Park is a great place for catfishing. Hope you have good luck at both!