A Little Fun on the Potomac River in D.C.

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by HOPPY4, Jul 16, 2007.

1. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    My wife and I have been spending time over the past 3 weekends on the Potomac River in D.C. Although she doesn't fish, she has made the time on the water Very Enjoyable! This last 2 weekends have provided a couple of Good fish. The largest to 24lb. and followed by 15 1/2, 14, 12 1/2, 8lb. fish. The fishing has been slow, but the Enjoyment has been Fantastic.

Attached Files:

2. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    What did you catch them on corn, wheatie?

3. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    Very nice hoppy looks like a good time.

4. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    rosscatman , The bait was Kernel Corn true enough, but with Mussels as a flovoring. This with a attraction mix of Grits, Range Cubes (Powder after grinding down), Creamstyle corn and Regular Sweet corn out of the can. The mixture is palced onto a feeder cage and the leader is about 10" long. This is working and I am finally able to get some of the fish to take my offering. It has been a LEARNING Experience for me since getting back home. The fish here are WILD and do not consider some of the baits that I used in Europe as food. I have adapted some New tactics and they are beginnig to pay off. I do plan to keep adding some of the other baits to help them learn about them as well. Thanks for asking and the the Well Wishes.

HOPPY4

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    James, you made my day!

I applaud you for recognizing how much better fishing (and life) is having your wife with you. A lot of these fellas around here either can't say it or haven't learned it yet!

6. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    JEREMIAD, I grew up in a household that fished. That meant that each of us were able to spend time away from the house and with nature as a backdrop, we had Quality TIME! It is something that I can never forget and will try to continue as long as Petra and I are together. It is a pleasure to have her along even though she doesn't fish. Thank You for the thought and maybe others will try it as well.

HOPPY4