A little disgusted

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Oct 9, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I took my boat out with the missus the otherday just fer a joyride and stopped anchored an watched these clowns throw for bait and I know no two men could use that amount they took in in a summer.This realy discusted me....Take what you need and waste not....Americans have issues with greed and I know I am no different but if we dont respect and take care of our enviorment we are not gonna have it. The real bad thing about the deal is them two were older and should of known better.....and Mama taught me to respect my elders but they arn't always right:angry:

2. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They might have been getting them to freeze for winter.

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That is true.. lets assume that they were going to keep and freeze the bait for the winter months approaching.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ahh Yes ,lets not judge a book by its cover ,Shoot they might have been getting bait for 25 elderly wheelchair owners, ...........Ya never Know.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ok fellas you could be right I have bait froze fer te spring time now but I am sticking to me guns cause that all would of still been alot

6. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    I can easily go through 40lbs of skipjack over the fall and winter. To a bystander it might look like I'm hogging everything that swims but it all gets used and some years I even run out early.

Steve

7. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Would it be wrong if my wife, her dad, and I go to our favorite hole one weekend and fill 3 coolers of fish in 2 days?

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I almost said "not if it's legal", but I've read enough of your posts to know it'd be legal and wouldn't go to waste, KY:wink:

I've been known to catch a LOT of bait, but I use a lot of bait. I don't always have time to catch bait when I want to go, so I use frozen both in the winter and when I'm short on time during the summer. They may only make one or two trips for bait a year. Or they may have been going to run lines for the weekend. Lots of reasons they may have needed a lot of bait.

Good Luck!

Branden

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Glad your not around Pickwick. You have a heart attack. The skipjack come out of here 8 and 10 150 qt cooler at a time. Now are they wasting it? No they drive a long way to get bait. And fill a few freezers full when they make a trip.
    I know I will catch it for this.
    But get a life. The guy I bet was filling his bait freezer for the winter time. If I fish like I used to. I would go through 500+ lbs of skipjack by my self in the winter time.
    have a great day and Don't judge until you see them throw them in a ditch or something.
    Pete