A little common courtesy

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by cheapNdisgusting, Jul 6, 2008.

1. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Just my opinion but I feel that if someone starts a thread, they should finish it.

If you ask a question - someone usually answers answers and the polite thing would be to say "thanks" or at the very least hit the "thank member" button.

If you are out fishing and ask someone you for advice, you give it, and normally that person would say "thanks a lot".

No different here. Just my .02 cents, not yelling at anyone.

On the other hand, what do you name a dog that has no legs? Don't matter - he ain't gonna come when you call hin anyway.

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I agree 100%. Too many members are just wanting an easy fix or wanting someone else hole. They could atleast say thank you. I wish this site could be more selective on its members sometimes. My first post just stated where I was from and where I fished. I see alot of others first post is, where are the fish at? I also see alot of members who have ZERO posts, just cruisin around takin in all of this information with no grattitude. I am a little picky now on who I choose to help. Sorry, but that is just how I see it.

3. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Its been that way since i have been here guys. There are just some people that dont know very much and joined hoping to learn some stuff. Yea i agree that just a simple thanks isnt too much to ask for but thats just my opinion

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I agree that the thank you's are nice and should be given. It is a common courtesy to do just that. I do in most all my posts and some that are not my posts or threads. I know and realize that there are alot of members here that don't but I don't let that bother me. To know that I have helped someone or have tried to help some one is enough for me. Yes the gratitude is nice but this site was created to exchange ideas and to help others learn more about catfishing no matter what. So, I will continue to answer questions and comments whether I not I get a thank you or not.

Many people have helped others not expecting anything in return in much more serious applications than this and they have done it secretely not needing or wanting any gratitude. For example those that have helped people in dire needs or in life and death situations and someone has come along and helped discretely and in secret not expecting anything in return. I help or try to help although not in secret on here, but am not expecting anything in return but, it is nice when I do get a thank you or am aknowledged for my efforts.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I try to follow a couple of simple rules. First off, if I start a thread, any thread, everyone who replys gets a "thanks". Doesn't matter whether I agree with what they say or not. Next, anyone who posts a good post anywhere, gets a "thanks" from me. If it's especially helpful, or stands out from the others, they not only get a "thanks", but also I give them "reps".
    Personally, I thought that was what "thanks" & "reps" were for.

There have always been rude folks out there. Just appears the older I get, the more of them I notice.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    It doesn't take alot of effort to show a lil' common respect. Today's society has become self centered, but in due time life has a way of humbling us all. Like Kutter said, i try to read and re-read my post and thank/rep everyone.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Russell, I fully agree.

Beside a Thanks, I usually try to give everyone that post in my threads a rep.
    :big_smile:

8. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Thanks for all the responses, and I also learned I need to start proof-reading my posts. Lot of double talk in the opening one.