A Little Cheese To Go With Your Whine!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by michiganwhitetailRLM, Jul 22, 2006.

1. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    i Have Been Reading A Lot Of Articles And Hearing A Lot Of Talk About Cougars, Wolves, Coyotes, And Even Snakes Being In The Backyards Of The Newly Built Communities And Some Of The Old Communities. Some Say These Predatorial Animals Are Making A Come Back But I Don't Believe This Is The Case. Most Of These Individuals Living In Thier Nice Houses, Driving Suvs, And Carrying Briefcases To Work Everyday Are A Huge Part Of Why There Are More Sitings Now A Days. Let Me Briefly Explain. It Seems Like No Matter Which Direction You Drive, There Is A New Sub Division Or Even Just Big Houses Being Built Where There Were Once Praries And Prime Woodland Habitat. The Animals That Live In These Areas Will Either Move On Or Adapt To Their Surroundings. And In Rare Cases Of An Attack On A Human Being Is Most Likely Due To The Lack Of Pray Species In The Area Where Our Backyard And Swimming Pools Now Reside. I Am An Avid Sportsman And Wildlife Conservationist And I Truly Believe If It Weren't For Our Predators Here In Michigan The Balance Of Nature Would Be Extremely Uneven. So To Any One Who Would Like To See Our Very Few Predators Become Non Existant Then I Suggest You Build Your House In The City Or Simply Move. Teach Your Children Conservation And The Habits Of Both Pray And Predator So That In The Future It Will Be Plentiful And Safer For Every One And Every Thing.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Couldn't agree more. Reminds me of the people that build next to the airport then bit$$ about the noise...:angry:

3. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Great point brother! Couldn't have said it better myself! Unfortunately the "suits" in this world today don't know anything about conservation to teach their children!!!

4. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    yes Sir, I Agree ! I Was Bow Hunting Last Season And Had A Guy With All Sorts Of Fancy Eqipment Say To Me,"if Its Brown Its Down", That Same Guy Got Lost Less Than Three Hundred Yards From His New Suv. I Pointed Him In The Right Direction And Told Him To Invest In A Compass. Turns Out He Owns An Abatement Company And Has A Condo In Rochester Mi. People Like That Are The Ones That Push Me To Buy A Big Chunk Of Land That I Can Turn Into A Wildlife Habitate, Once Its Going Good Ide Like To Invite Kids Of All Ages To Learn About Conservation. Who Knows ,maybe Ill Get To Teach That Guys Son Someday, Better Yet He Himself.lollol!!

5. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    You are so right, and as our population grows each year more, and more natural habitat is being developed into subdivisions. Sad part is, it will be that way until there is no land to be bought, at any price. Good fishin', Jack.

6. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I agree, good post!!

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That was a great post, man!!! Man has been improaching on wildlife for years and as long as they continue this practice, the attacks will keep coming.

8. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    Thanks for all the rep. comments! Thats just one of the reasons i love this website. Remember to teach our children good conservation ethics to insure the future of our natural resources. Best of luck to everyone!

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

good post brother. I had to learn my way around in all aspects of the outdoors. My dad would have it no other way and I think that helps me appreciate the things I see in nature even if nature is in my own back yard, which it is.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great post brother, that is 100% correct right there.

11. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    same for me brother. why do people even NEED big houses??? we were all ment to live in caves anyways!:lol:

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Rick I can not agree with more with your post.I have been gripping about that for I know the last 15 years . I used to work const and see these house going up every day. I remember back in 1986 a road fro m O'Fallon, Mo to highway 61 used to be nothing but farm land and woods. now it's nothing but malls and sud divisions . No farm land or woods lef on that road . Then people grip about the deer and coyotes coming into town. Where the he$$ can they go. After all they was there first:confused2: .

13. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I worked at the same kmart on the same property that 2 years before I used to go rabbit and pheasant hunting.

now the kmart is closed.... a skeleton of a building not 10 years old.

and I cannot hunt there.

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I was born and raised on our 'homeplace' it is just a small 80 acre farm about 8 miles out of town. My Daddy was born in a little 2 room shack on the back of the place in 1925 and died in the house I was raised in 76 years later and the place had only been out of our family for a few years before Daddy was able to buy it for him and Mom. It is home. It had a 10 acre pond on it and a small creek crossing it and around 15 acres of woods and I learned to hunt and fish there. I could leave the house in any direction and hunt where and when ever I wanted.

I said all this to say this, we sold the home placehome place after Daddy died. Things have changed so much that it is just an empty shell of what it use to be. The older neighbors, for the most part, have died or had to move because age had robbed them of their ability to take care of what they had. The timber that use to surround us is gone the thickets look more like a golf course than ground cover. I hate what has happened but such is life. At least at this moment I still have wonderful memories of how things use to be. Sorry for being so long winded.

ST

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    seems like theres no new territory left all the wildlife is pushed too small heards even the water ways are being over run by pleasure boaters you think its bad now wait another 100 years

16. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    Some say "Thats life so deal with it !" , well i for one look at it as personnal gain and pleasure. We all know how quick a house can go up. The rate our land is being eatin up for business , pleasure and profit is bull. A fine example is here in lapeer michigan. They put a khoels department store right where i used to watch a nice herd of deer and countless other wildlife with my kids. I havent seen anything in that area since ground was broke 9 months ago. Im leaning toward remodeling of older homes instead of new construction as a way of saying enough! A big number of antihunters and animal rights activist are the same people who strip the land for there new home, and stop at a burger joint to eat the flesh of an animal that was killed in a confined space with no chance of escape. Ide like to invite a group of those folks over for a venison steak or some fresh catfish, let them wash it down with a cold beer while i tell them how long and hard it was to take that game on there own ground and there terms. I wish there was some way to slow down the pace of life sometimes!!!!!!!!

17. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Lol...

Generally speaking though, wilderness "land conservationists" are the ones who already have their house in the woods.

Theres more to that sentence than any of us really knows.

:roll_eyes:

18. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    rick (michiganwhitetail)
    great posts and alot of good information .
    i want to say that the thread i started about mountain lions cougars yada yada wasnt a gripe about these animals or any other animal that ends
    up close neighbors due to encroachment of humans on animal territory.
    i just meant the tghread to be a warning to unsuspecting fishermen and hunters to be alert that these animals seem to be more and more common now in areas that before wasnt thought to have them.
    i live in a town that has been a town for a good many years and our house was built in the 50's
    it makes me sad to see all the cool farm lands that even a year or two ago
    was a thriveing farm be sold off and stupid vinyal villages appear practically overnite.
    where in the hell does all these people come from that can afford these new houses?????????

19. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    You and i don't really want to now its the fleecing of the poor people thats where the money is! and thats a shame

20. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    Feel like this needed to be brought back into cirulation due to my thread in hi-fi. Those few folks know what I mean!