A little bit of luck...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by AwShucks, Nov 3, 2005.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Finally, I again doubled the total number of catfish I caught this whole year just today. Five... Yep I finally caught 5 fish on one trip. Three were pan size ( 1 1/2 to 2 lbs), one at 8 pounds and one at 12 pounds. I thought I had wasted my time as I could not catch any bait with my cast net... finally caught one little sand bass about 6 or 7 inches long. Made cut bait out of it and baited my poles up... I was the only one catching anything today. I guess I stayed 2 1/2 hours. I was satisfied. Later.

2. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    good thing game warden wasn't around...... can't be taking game fish with a cast net

3. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Okccatman is right brother.Watch yourself,glad to hear ya didnt get skunked.Last time I went,I had a string of bad luck.First thier was a dredger anchored in my favorite- gauranteed to catch catfish- spot,then my tackle box spilled open,next I broke a rod holder,after that my 9.9 Johnson quit me (good thing we was upriver) I had to paddle a little on the way by the ramp.My two boys(6 and 10) were the only ones to catch any fish, one 10 lb and one 12 lb blue.I will say this,the looks on my kids faces are worth every one of those set backs,just remember-there's never a bad day fishin no matter how many little set backs there are long as everybody's back safe when it's all over :cool:

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I guess on futher thoutht, I had a whole lot of luck. I try to drive the speed limit, tell the cashier when I get too much change, pay my taxes, don't even try to cheat the IRS... just a goody-two shoes kind of guy. It wasn't until you responded to my post that I rememberd that a sand bass was a white bass and a game fish. I know you can't keep game fish... I threw a black bass back in - but I knew it was a game fish. I am not used to a sand bass being considered a game fish... forty years ago when I was growing up, they were a nucisance fish... even with a carp. Guess I'll have to be more careful in what I do.... I do know you can use game fish for cut bait... just forgot they could not be caught in a cast net. Darn... hope I can sleep tonight.

5. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    lol...... honest mistake.
    When I was baitless one time I kept some crappie for bait. Just be careful is all i'm saying.