A little bit of help please!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Catzilla2, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Does anyone know of any bait and tackle shops in or around the Elizabeth City or Fayetteville area that sells live baits such as Crawfish or Eels? Also, I have read some of ya'll refering to fishing with Goldfish, are these really Goldfish or a gold colored minnow? I would appreciate any and all advice on this please. Thank you in advance.

2. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    aint from your area, but as for goldfish, check your local fishing regulations to see if it is legal in your state. I know in florida, it is not legal to use goldfish, and there are some other dumb rules too, but they are just plain old pet store goldfish. I usually bought the larger ones with the big bushy tails when I lived in Kentucky and then clip off a little bit of the tail. The more comotion they make in the water the better.lol

3. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    im me i know of a lot of places that sale eels but not crawfish. eel probably your best bait for blues this time of year. hope this helps

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Gold fish are a great baits in the Spring thru early Fall season for cats. I used them off and on and have caught blues in the 30 to 40 pound range. I do not use the large ones, but those less than four inches long. Some fishermen I know of use the large ones at night for large flatheads. I hope this helps you out. Mac

5. going_crazy46

going_crazy46 New Member

State:
    Pennasylvania
    Riverside bait and tackle sells eels and gold fish in fayetteville.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

www.nceelfarm.com

this is a farm that supplies eels to many bait and tackle stores. There is a list of all the stores they supply also.

7. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thank you all for all your great input. I appreciate everything that ya'll have responded with. Thanks again! Good luck fishing!

8. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hi joe0580, thanks alot for your reply but I must admit that I am the most computer illiterate person that I know! LOL! I apologize but I am afraid that I do not know how to respond by im. If you wouldn't mind, you can PM me the list of bait shops.

Again, thank you my friend for your kind gesture.

9. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    A few bait shops around here, not many, sell goldfish. but they are basically small carp, they look different than "pet store" goldfish.
    good luck

10. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Riverside sports center in fayetteville has eels, and 210 bait and brew on the north side of spring lake has crawdads. Other than that i dont know who sells goldfish besides petsmart or walmart.

11. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    I just came from riverside and they dont have any goldfish.

12. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Billy, do you live around the Fayetteville area? I live not to far across the county line over here in Sampson County just as your coming into Salemburg. I appreciate all your info!

13. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    I live in the north easter part of Fayetteville. Not a problem about the info thats what im here for. Hey do you know of anybody selling a outboard motor between 5-15hp and not over $600 cash around your area.

14. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    if you ever want to meet on the cape fear let me know and ill see what i can do to accomidate some good bait.

15. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Most bait houses only have gold fish in the spring thru early fall fishing season. That is what my bait man told me.

16. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sorry Billy, as of right now I do not know of anyone who has an outboard motor for sale, but I really haven't been looking for one ethier. But I will start keeping my eyes open for one and if I have any luck in this area I will let you know. As for meeting on the Cape Fear and doing a little Catfishing, I am all for that! I am just waiting on the weather to co-operate just a little and then.........I'll be there! LOL! Thanks again my friend!:cool2: