a kick in the gut.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ncfowler, Jun 19, 2009.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Today my wife and I went to the bank to get refinance at a lower rate, When i got back to work the owner called me into the office and said he is laying off the whole production staff. (I'm part of that staff) he also is going take a lay off, this will be a temp thing, I know that there is a project in two weeks, I can't hold ill feelings towards him in the past he has covered our pay with out any lay off's but he showed me the books form last year, so far the studio has taken a 1/2 million dollar hit, He has put himself 100K into debt to keep us employed, After hearing this i got a phone call form the bank saying were good to go on the refinance, so much for refinancing, go figure, the good thing is when we got our mortgage and equity line of credit we put unemployment insurance on it, I also put it on my scooter and boat when i finance them, so i will be making more money being laid off, When i went to the bank the officer was very helpful in getting me some info, in finding funds for my guide business and sea school, also in how to get my daughters student loan gone with out cost to us, a few more phone calls and killing off credit cards and putting them on payoff programs at a low interest rate, will free up cash as well. so far i have killed off several of my wife's cards with rates as low as 2.5% and payments under $50. so far i free up $350 on three cards. now if i only can find where I put them six magic numbers for the loto.

2. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Keep your head up, Jeff. Maybe it won't last long.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hang in there Jeff maybe you can work your way through this. Sounds like you off to a good start.

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Keep a positive attitude, everything will be OK

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    That's tough news, Jeff, but I'm thinking that we all will be feeling the pinch one way or another soon.

You are doing the right thing in eliminating debt to the greatest extent possible. That's has always been a priority for me...to operate on a cash-only basis as much as possible.