A Joke of a show, if it wasn't so sad.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by whiteriver, Nov 14, 2009.

1. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Yesterday I had the misfortune of watching Stealth Cams show on Versus TV. The "hunter" and in no way was this joker one, is Tim Schell. They were on an elk hunt in Utah with "Professional Guide" Billie Robb. They actually chase a heard down the side of a mountain and intercept a bull in the process. You can clearly see the arrow go over the back of the animal as he clears an opening, missing him by at least a foot. They congratulate each other on a "good shot" and then they are marveling over the bull in an open field, there was no visible wound on the bull that I could see. Later in the show you get to see him, Schell, shoot over the edge of a mountain and then in the final shot he has the head of a big horn sheep in camp. Their web site is wwwstealthcam.net, I have not checked it out yet, but I am curious to see what BS is on there too. If you get a chance to see this show, you need to check it out and see for yourself what real hunting is not about. You might want to let the sponsors know how you feel also.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Earl thanks for catching that an bringing it to all of our attentions. It's good to know even the so called pro's ect cheat/show off for the camera's.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's why I stopped entering Big Buck contests years ago. It became apparent that some folks will do anything to "win".

4. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    earl i stopped watching hunting onTV when they stopped HUNTING.

5. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Preston; You should have been here today, deer were running every where. It sounded like D Day until around noon. I am thinking about contacting the sponsors and see if they realize most hunters see through that crap. Earl

6. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    do it bro.i'll back ya'.

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Earl i watched that show with my dad friday. sure looked to me like he missed the elk over the back. as for the ram alot of those shows don't show the shot for two reasons. either he made a piss poor shot or the"kill shot" is on one of their videos. either way its a joke.

8. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Brian; You are not wrong. I replayed it in super slow motion and you can clearly see the arrow going over the bulls back. It looked to me as if he used the 50 yd pin and the bull was only at 30. In that SSM you can even see the oscillation of the the arrow shaft. I believe that if a lot more hunters would do like myself and not buy from businesses that support shows like this ______. Fill in the blank by reversing the S and T in that last word. These jerks that make a living from shows which make a joke of our sports would go the way of the DODO.

9. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    One of my good friends was over yesterday and he works at a complex where a versus camra man lives. He talks to him quite a bit. Yesterday he was telling me that they will shoot a big deer or sheep etc. and take all the pics and videos and then they leave them there to rot. I couldn't believe it but he said that is the norm for most of those guys. I guess they don't even try to donate them. I guess I could see it, shoot and get onto the next trip.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    By far the sorriest ezcuse for a hunting show is the Jimmy Big Time show,Man it just plain sux,I cant really even call it entertaining.

11. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    All those big bucks on tv are to be had if you have the big $$$$ to go get them. The hunting shows aren't much different than when the old "PRO" bass fisherman fished in private waters and caught monsters. I saw Mckinnis (think thats spelled right) fish the Delaware river for american shad for a show. All us locals were catching them he didn't catch crap. His cameraman hooked 1 and gave the rod to the host.

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia

I can't see it at all! I don't know about your states, but here the law states that you have to make every effort possible to recover your game. I believe it is up to people like us to make sure that these fools are not allowed to make a mockery of our sports. The only way to do that is to take away their profits. To do that, every one of us needs to speak up. We can sit here and BS with the boys, or we can take a few short minutes of our time to email the sponsors and bitch to them.
    Here is a case in point: my wife had a craving for fish last week. We went to our local Wal-Mart which has a big food dept. With the exception of the "Farm Raised Catfish", every fish, of every species, was from China. We asked the guy at the seafood dept if he had any American fish. He said "No". I told him that we refused to buy fish from China when our own fishermen were out of work and the Chinese were breaking international laws with their fishing practices. Then we had the manager of the store called out and told him the same thing. I don't know if it will make a difference or not, but I know that if I don't try to do something, then I am part of the problem myself, and therefore I have no right to bitch. Maybe it's the activist in me, but I feel like I have a responsibility to TRY to do something.

13. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I cant believe they tried to say they got it...But one probleme there you cant reverse a T...unless you talking like this...like spellinf lets like lest??

14. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    My favorite is when they stalk up on a game animal and the it zooms in to show the take the safety off and you hear a loud CLICK.
    1. I have notices several times that they are hunting with gloves on and have them on to pull the trigger BUT when they flip off the safety there are no gloves in sight.
    2. If my safety was that loud I would get rid of the gun and get a new one. After all what good is it to be so quite and sneak up on something the flip the safety that sounds like you are breaking a 1/2 inch wooden dowel!!
    :smile2:

15. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    ThiS, you reverse the S and T and it reads ShiT! :confused2: Refer to the line below.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009