A Jealous DrPepper Sucker Punched Me!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Aug 17, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Its True!!!

My day started off good yesterday. I thought to myself. I said " Self, lets go fishing."
    So I checked the radar and it looked as if a big storm was coming thru. So I decided to call DrPepper.. I called and his boy answered the phone and said he would have him call me right back.. I waited.......... and waited some more..... I thought " Hummm.. This is weird"..

Well he finally calls me back and says " sure come on over ".
    Im thinking to myself again. " self, It sure is nice to have a friend like Bill "
    But was he really my friend or setting me up for a unforseen butt kickin?

Well the night started off pretty slow but I was catching a few channels. Untill His uncle Bob's clickers started screaming. ( Hes was useing DrPeppers Rods ) Well Bob would try and set the hook and snap!!! the line just broke..
    Sometimes 65 pound braid might do that, Right.. Well 2nd run for Bob takes off... He sets the hook!!! Nothing!!! Line broke on the 2nd rod!!! Seems to me something fishing going on!!!! RIGHT!!!!
    Well Bob heads for the house to call it a night and as DrPepper is telling me he cut Bobs line I get a good run..
    I SET THE HOOK AND THE FIGHT BEGINS!!! Not With the fish either!!!

I reel in a 23 Pound Flatty and Bills pretends to help me land the fish.. I get him on the shore and get the hook out of his mouth and ask Bill to hold it while i get the camera. Well he slams the poor fish down like he was spiking a football!!! Pepper said " He bit me " as tears of frustration ran down his face..
    Well DrPepper proceded to get his scale and thats when it happened!!!

I wasnt paying any attention and out of nowhere... WHAM!!!!!! RIGHT IN THE FACE!!!
    And he kept mumbling under his breath things like.. " Your the best catfishermen in the world and i hate you!!!" And " Why cant I catch fish like you!!!!! " and " someday I'll be AWSOME, just wait Shane!!! I'll Be awsome too!! "

After releasing the fish and running for my life I headed home.. And thought... Wow!!!! I am the Best Catfisherman In The World!!!!!

And thats how it happened word for word!!!!
    Scouts Honor!!!!!:wink:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    And I believe every word you say Shane, LOL.

-Jim-

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    man shane that is so insperational. its good to know all you have to do to piss bill off is catch all of the fish....i might have to reconsider the invite i have given him to head down this way for some winter blues......yikes!!!! and if you are as good as bill says you are then just maybe it should be you down here..... jk bill

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    WOW!!!! C.C.C. Commando-Cat-Competition!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink::cool2:

5. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Damn remind me never to go fishing with Pepper unless I need a black eye and a confidence booster!:smile2:

6. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Oh man , hes going to be even more mad at me now!!!:smile2::smile2:

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats a LIE.....

It was a 23 pound 10 ounce flattie.....:angry: lol

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ah heck theres nothing to be mad about....im out to catch fish. so obviously i want the one on the boat who brings all the luck to the table. lol

9. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Luck!!! Have you not been paying attention the the Black Cloud stories!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey man i have just lately been home enough to be able to get online. i have no clue what you are talking about lol

11. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Best explained if Pepper tells it!!:smile2::smile2:

12. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    so bill..........what am i out of the loop on???

13. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well Welcome to the Army soldier.. LOL!

14. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    all this time i thought CPR stood for catch-photo-release... now i understand it.. catch-punch-release! way to go bill on practicing CPR buddy!:cool2:

15. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    Now how could anyone not believe that story?!?! There is no way someone could just make up suck a traumatic story like that...:0a30:....:smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    did the flathead get released alive?

17. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ya'll can settle this lover's quarrel at the 1st annual Wabash River Survivor Series Gathering :eek:oooh:. I aint seen a good wrastlin match in a long time, I'll start diggin the chum pit this weekend, ought to be good and ripe by the gathering :crazy:. Best two out of three? :smile2:

18. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    sounds like he is awful jealous of your angling ability

19. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That's the funniest damn story I have heard in a while. Maybe I'll wear a helmet next time Mr. Bill comes down this way!!!! I'm outta thanks for now, but I'll get to everyone!

BB

20. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sounds like roid rage!!!! I thought in his last couple pics Bill looked like he had bulked up. I figured it was due to a healthy diet and good exercise regimen.:wink: