A JC Christmas

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by bwwwww, Dec 24, 2009.

1. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    Off to Jefferson City for a few days to visit the inlaws. Also a few sneaky fishing escapes planned, my love for which is only equalled by my relatives love of me being out the house. Coupla spots targetted and I might need some advice since my tally last visit was zero:

1. Binder Lake. Tried for channels with BJ's stinkbait. Also tried for bluegill to use as bait. Not a bite in several hours. Any advice on which area to fish appreciated, any species. I will nip out there on Christmas day while the beef is roasting.

2. Marion Access. Some blues being caught there I hear. Not a nibble last time, but a fellow fisherman gave me pointers - see river thread.

Merry Christmas everone and I wish you many bent poles for the new year.

John

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Merry Christmas to you and the family John. And welcome to the BOC.

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Merry Christmas and Welcome. Sounds like you have a couple places that will be good. I would try the river, but that is just me

4. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Seems like the only fish caught in the winter at Binder Lake have been deep by the dam. Other times fishing in a boat close to the same area have produced small bites. Should be a good day to fish with the rain that was here!!

The Missouri river has come up really fast in the last few days so I don't know how fishing the Marion Bottoms will go....at least you'll be able to get out while the rest of us are singing x-mas carols :wink:.

5. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    Thanks for the info. Where exactly is the deep area? I am fishing from the bank.

6. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    John sorry I missed your reply! I was out hunting and then xmas stuff with the girlfriend. Hope you found the dam that's were some of the deepest spots are but if the weather was bad like it was here I hope you didn't go :wink:.

7. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    Yes I did go to Binder on Christmas morning. It was 20F and blowing a hoolie. Dropped my gloves in the water, fell on my arse. No fish. Went home and had festivities with the family. Ate about half a cow and drank about a gallon of wine. Port. Cheese. Gifts. Sleep.

This morning went in search of minnows - can't find any at all around this area, despite the abundance of streams.
    Went to Marion access for a few hours. Caught a 5lb blue, which is my cat PB. Near hypothermia so back home and then out for wings and beer.

So happy to have caught a real fish at last. Fantastic weekend.:big_smile:

8. CANCATCHCATS

CANCATCHCATS New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Sounds like the best Chirstmas ever.
    Good for you. Happy new year

9. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Congrats on your PB bluecat, John. Sounds like a pretty good Christmas!!