A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AwShucks, Dec 22, 2009.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    if there is anything to hunt....

ENID, Okla. -- Garfield County authorities said two men accused of killing or injuring 13 head of cattle near Covington told them they shot the animals because they couldn't find any deer to hunt.

Sheriff's deputies took Shane Smith and Shelby Morris into custody on Monday. They were booked on 13 animal cruelty complaints, and bond for each was set at $10,000.

Smith bonded out of jail Tuesday, and Morris remained in custody. A jailer didn't know if either had attorneys.

Authorities discovered six dead calves Nov. 28. They found two dead calves and two wounded calves a short time later, and discovered two dead cows and an injured bull at another location. The calves and the cows had been shot.

The sheriff's office said the men told them they were drunk that night.

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    now dangit brother hilljack, leave them cows alone!!!:smile2:

I bet it was because paul wont let him send money yet.. :wink:

3. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I hope to hell there is no connection. I have family in Oklahoma, and my last name is Morris. Please do not allow one of those idiots to be related to me....PLEASE!

I'm so affraid of the possibility, I do not plan on checking for a relation.:big_smile:

4. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    that is just about the lowest that a hunter can get (cant call them a hunter at all )

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Stupidity at its best. I hope they make examples out of them and prosecute them to the limit of the law.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I promise I have never been to Oklahoma!!!:smile2:

7. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    i still want my t-bone...:wink:

8. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    And some people wonder why hunters have a hard time finding land to hunt anymore. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

9. Graham

Graham New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Not just being cruel to animals that can't get away from them. Or the fact that they damaged someone's livelihood. Or the fact that being drunk they could have shot anyone walking by.
    They should lock them up for ten years and each Christmas bring them out into the field so the farmer can take pot shots at them.

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I can almost guarantee they will get off cheaper for killing the cattle than they would if they had stolen them. Rustling still carries a stigma in Oklahoma.