A Humble Hero

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Jun 15, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Saturday 06\14\08 We laid My Brother-in-Law to Rest his name was James Rowe after knowing him as a Brother-in-Law for about 27 years I thought I knew him I did not. I have found out he spent 41 years serving our country in Airborne Quartermaster 421st reserve unit doing time in Viet Nam The Gulf War twice, has been in numerous conflicts and wars jumping in and also dropping much needed supplies and equipment to troops. He also was a mentor to new members of his unit . According to what I heard at his Memorial there was people stationed all over this world who knew and respected him , from what I understood most called him Chief . He also spent many years protecting the average worker as a inspector for O S H A I know most people don't care for osha but they are there for our safety.
    The reason I wrote this is to say thanks to a very Humble man who according to what his Obituary says was a multi decorated hero that never mentioned none of what he did but just figured it was his duty and his choice to do. This same man talked to me as an equal from the first time we talked all the way to the last.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Richard, sorry for your loss but it's good to know men such as this still exist. Prayers for his family and friends.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Prayers to yours and his familey's

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Richard, my deepest condolences for the loss of your brother-inlaw.

Jaime

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Our prayers go out to you and your friends family. God Bless

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I salute James for his service to our country. My prayers are added for his family.