A HUGE thank you to the BOC!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by maddcatter, May 2, 2006.

1. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Before joining this site, I would go catfishing a lot. I didn't know a lot about it, but enough to catch fish regularly. The only time I caught a fish over 5lbs was at one of "those" lakes. I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.
    Ever since joining this site, my fishing has gone to new levels. I still haven't hooked anything huge, but My average fish is much bigger. With the knowledge I've gained from this site, I was able to catch my first flathead. 13lbs is now my largest. I've also caught a channel cat over 10lbs.
    The way I see it, It's only a matter of time before I hook into a trophy flathead or channel, and it's all because of the members on this site.
    Thank you all for your shared knowledge, kindness, and will to help.

2. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    I agree with you 100%. With all the knowledge sharing here I will be hooking into a alot better fish from now on since I know where to find them now, thanks to all the help here on the BOC.

3. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    i agree as well, the knowledge well here on the BOC is bottomless, adn aftercats, you can fish from my boat, until you get a trailer!LMAO:big_smile:

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Josh, you are welcome, glad my wisdom has helped. I just with more would come clean and thank me. LMAO

In all seriousness, the BOC has helped me in many ways as well. Learned so much in the last 3 years. Caught my first Shovelhead and Bluecat because of fishing with members of the BOC. Great post.

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I believe That is what the BOC is all about,"Improving The Catfishing Experience".
    I have also gain knowledge and a bunch of friends along the way as well!!!

6. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    I just wish I could pull off trying every idea here one time in my life, That would be too much fun! Thanks to everyone for sharing such a wealth of information!

7. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I agree, the things I've learned on this site should put me on some big catfish, now if I can just get myself away from this puter long enough to go fishing. LOL

8. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Hey what do you expect from the best site on the net!!!!:big_smile:

9. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Brother your welcome. glad we all could help.

10. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    This is by far the best catfishing site on the net hands down! If it were not for this site, I wouldn't have met some great people and shared some great info and stories. Long Live the BOC

Aaron

TA2D

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    ":0a27: with you 100%"!

Like yourself, my fishcatching average has gone up & I met some new friends along the way! :big_smile:

Thanks B.O.C. Members,
    Bert:cool2:
    (Shaina)

12. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    It's nice to you guys love this place as much as I do.

13. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    This site is like a hang out of catfish addicts and a library full of experts all rolled into one place. Doesn't matter who you are, where you come from, how old or young you are, fat, thin, hairy, bald, male, female or undecided :roll_eyes: everyone's input is valued. I know I've learned a ton of stuff here. Things like using a cast net for bait gathering, catching skipjack herring with crappie jigs, curing livers, and so on. If you interested in a particular type of method, just ask and someone usually several someone's will have the right answer for you. Examples would be drift fishing lakes, drift fishing rivers, bank fishing locations, tools, and mehtods, river fishing or lake fishing. You can even fix you boat or outboard. Computer problems, there is help for that too. Almost anything from basics to experts, outboards to inboards, cleaning what you catch to cooking your catch. Yeph, this site has it all and we can all just hang around and talk about one of our passions in life. ISN'T THE BOC A GREAT PLACE.

14. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    i agree totally,this sight has given me alot more knowledge on catfishing.biggest one before i gon on here was 11 and now its 15.not a huge jump but a jump none the less

15. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I agree with everyone.The BOC site is the best site on the web.Thanks BOC.

16. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I agree with you. We all have picked up things to make us better catfisherman and gave tips to others the make them better. Great place to be.

17. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I agree with you completely, being a member myself for just a couple of week I have picked up on a lot tips that should help me out if it ever stops raining and I get out there again.

18. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree. The BOC has helped me a lot. Thank you BOC and everyone that has shared tips on here. Jimmy Don, welcome to the BOC. What part of Arkansas are you from?

19. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: I TOTOLLY AGREE WITH EVERYONE ITS THE GREATEST SITE GOING,ONLY PROBLEM I'VE FOUND IS LIKE RIP SAID ITS DARN HARD TO GET OFF OF HERE LONG ENOUGH TO GO FISHING. IF YOUR LIKE MEYOU JUST HAVE TO TEAR YOURSELF AWAY FROM HERE AND JUST DO IT. :roll_eyes:

20. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Great post couldnt agree more.