A help for the spelling challenged

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jeremiad, Aug 23, 2006.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    For those who might be interested, check out http://www.iespell.com.

This is a free tool that loads into your browser, such as Internet Explorer. It will spellcheck your posts before you post them!

I have found it to be a great help since I would rather concentrate on what I am saying and not how to spell, but it is nice to have the spelling right so that others know what I mean. :embarassed:

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Bummer.

It only works on Windows 9x, ME, XP, or newer Versions.

I have win98

Oh DUNG! :lol:

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Joel, I think that is the best spell check available.. I used it for years when I used IE.

I wish it would work with Firefox but it doesn't. The one that works with Firefox, "SpellBound", is not as good. It underlines all the misspelling as I type but I misspell so bad SpellBound sometimes has a problem giving me the correct word.. iespell would never miss.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Good post!

Hey, Zakk, are you reading this? LOL, had to pick on you. :wink:

Take care.
    Cheryl

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Thanks Joel, you're right that is a great spell check. I have used it for several years and it is sure handy.

st

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

wut u meen i spel bad? thurd grad wut i finesed. Just kidding thanks for the tip.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    splen who nds spelen, I dont ned no durn spelen! yep I use it

8. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    Hey you guys! I'm afraid that even ieSpell will give up and run for cover! :haha:

As for Windows 98, I'll have to check... There have been so many updates to Internet Explorer, that if you can access this forum okay, I'm surprised that ieSpell wouldn't install under Windows 98. Hmmm...

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Good Post since it seems that I seem to always have what I call a "brain fart" and forget how to spell words that I use on a daily basis.LOL I even keep the dictionary handy !lol

10. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    I with you there, Greg! :big_smile:

When I post, I often open Microsoft Word with a blank document window. I then type words that I'm not sure of right there. Word then spell checks my word right away and underlines it if it's wrong. I also open the dictionary/thesaurus window so that I can look up a word if I have to.

Most of the time all of this is overkill, but I sometimes feel as if my High School English teacher is looking over my shoulder. :eek:oooh:

11. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Lmao I'm glad my English teacher isnt watching or I would be writing essays all the time .:embarrassed_2: :sweat: