A heads up

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by beetle, Mar 20, 2007.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    on Tuesday 3/27/07 at the bass pro shop in Cincinnati they are having a seminar at 7pm in the conference room titled Early Season Catfish. Has anyone ever been to one of these? I guess they have a different one every week or so. Are they informative or just a waste of time. They do not say who is speaking. I was thinking about going to it...anyone else going?

2. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks, have to try to remember to go to that one!

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    That is good info.

Assuming one lives close enough that it would only be a minimal gas cost to get there it would be worth going.

There will be others there that are obviously interested in catfishing. Given that you may make new friends in your area that may become fishing buddies, you have a chance to refer the BOC to others interested in catfishing, and you just might run into other local BOC members there!

Go for it! :smile2:

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You are right, I did not think of the connections I might meet there. I am going to go for sure now as long as nothing else comes up that I can not reschedule.

5. Silverwmark

Silverwmark New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went to one last month, and frankly the speaker wasn't that informative, but some of the guys who attended were very helpful. I would go again just to talk to them again.

6. Sundance

Sundance New Member

State:
    Ohio
    can someone take notes and post in the library?

I am sure it would be much appreciated.

Don.

7. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went to the seminar yesterday at BPS in Cinci. The fella doing it worked there and covered some basic reel maintenance and tackle needs. Showed the basic setups for float fishing and bottom fishing. Showed part of an Infisherman video and discussed some different baits to use and where to fish early prespawn. Overall I did not get much from it, though there were some who were just beginning cat fishing who did I'm sure. Most of the people there seemed to be new at it. I did not meet anyone from the BOC...but maybe a few I meet there will come join us.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have often wondered about them semis... thanks for the update, and hopefully it was a benefit to some...rollo