A half time show worth watching for a change

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Feb 5, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    these guys are awesome .
    for a group of senior citizens they sure can rock a house down!!!
    i have a big admiration for them for being together so long and not breaking up like tons of other bands have.
    kieth is about the scareist one of the bunch as far as health wise
    he looks like he was rode hard put away wet a couple hundred times too many but still jams the guitar charlie is staedy as always.
    too bad 3 songs was all there was but it was better than the first half:p

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    The geriatric band, LOL!! They are like the energuizer bunny, and knowone is going to undress them on stage, LMAO!!!

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i wanna see Janet again!:D

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Mick Jagger and Keith Richards naked on stage? Now thats a scary thought!:rolleyes:

5. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    yeah bring back janet.. lol i thought they'd have wheel chairs for them guys to exit in..

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The Soggy Bottom Boys would have been better talking into that can.

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    that was a mighty fine pickin and grinnin!!!!!!!!!

mark i miss the ole markj pissnvinegar responses

this new and improved moderatorcovered sugary version is well.....
    different

8. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I was hoping and praying there would NOT be a wardrobe malfuntion!:eek: :eek: :crying: :eek:

9. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    The half time show was pretty good, not too bad for a bunch of old guys.

chris

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Ya you could smell geritol all over them LMAO!!! I was shocked they didn't have their walkers on stage with them:eek: :eek:

11. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    My wife asked me, how come those guys arent in walkers yet, I told her that the guy playing the drums was problay in a walker(i was joking with her)

chris

12. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Man are you kidding. Those dudes look like they need to get there wheelchairs lubed up. That was half comical. Mick needs some singing lessons. Definetly in need of the geritol. LOL

13. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    That show was horrible, everything sounded like a high school rock band. They should have lip synched. Id rather see janets areola than micks wrinkled belly.

14. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

And that is why I turned it off for 15min. After 1 min of the first song, I had enough.

Ray

15. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The rolling Stones are still the uglyest rock band in the world!
    Bill

16. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Yeah i was dissapointed, but hell at least they are still out there rocking at that age. The national anthem was rough as well. Aretha sounded like crap and aaron neville still sounds like a chipmunk. Come to think of it, all of the pregame music was bad as well. I think the only one who performed well was stevie wonder, the rest of those people who sang should have been on american idol LOL

17. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They need to have some country or bluegrass music at least once in 40 years! Or maybe have some wrestling matches or the blue collar comedy guys for laughs. IMO, the halftime shows the last few years have stunk worse than Danny Kings Punch Bait!

18. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    I thought the stones sounded like crap!But in all actuality,i guess they were pretty good for a geriatric rock band....hehe
    I also thought they butchered the national anthem in the beginning.Heck,they announced Aretha Franklin an all i saw was sum guy!She joined in bout halfway through and what a job she did,horrible,IMO.Shes a great singer/maybe was,but that is not how the anthem is spose to be sung.
    I'm hoping it sounded much better in the stadium than it did on tv,cause frankly aretha,the guy and the stones sounded pretty bad.

19. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    I guess the NFL wanted something from the past - like 1965 - and aron to rep. the new orliens people - pretty rough!!!

Still better than RAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I think of it, it was about as good as some of the rock we here today!!! LOL HaHaHa!!!

20. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

As always, I was channel surfing and thought about calling the "boy" to see how the game was going. Like always I try to do a little homework so he thinks I am some sort of interested in what he likes nowadays.
    There they were! The Rolling Stones on stage surrounded in an anorexic aura, a smile came on my face as I remembered seeing them in Deutchland Hall in '73 while I was stationed in Berlin. Made me feel quite decrepid and ancient, though I have to give 'em credit where credit is due... Mick still thinks he's sexy and Keith, well the only difference between Keith and Rand McNally is Keith can play guitar! I didn't turn it off or change the channel I just sat there remenising and for a moment it was 1973.