A good two days

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ramon06, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Just a bit of the set ups I've bought the past 2 days to add to my Collection, I also bought another Penn 309 but I havent mounted it yet. I bought the wrong Shakespere's, I guess i was supposed to get the ones that look similar to the Penn 320GT2s, but oh well they have fresh 80# PP on them, I will either sell the reels or try them out anyway.

Attached Files:

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    nice looking rigs. time to go fishing now!

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Looks like your armed and dangerous Ramon.That,s a lot of gear at 1 time!Hit the lottery?:cool2:

4. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    No my ol lady doesnt know how much I spent lol. 1 Big Cat and 450L I already had, I just respooled it with fresh 80LB PP, I got the new 450L for $32 yesterday, had to take it at that price, got the 2 Arsenals for $32 yesterday also. 3 reels for under $100 I couldnt pass on. Bought the 320GT2 with a gift card I got for xmas. already had the 7000, just added it to the Nite Stik, I was in Gander Mountain today and I got (3) 8' Nite Sticks for $83.97 with Tax so I couldnt pass on it. Got the new Big Cat for $50 and the 309 for $64, so I got all the rods and reels for roughly $300, now the line was a different story :sad2: a spool of yellow 300yd PP for $34.99 let the store spool me up 2 arsenals with 80 moss green for $44, I already had the 80# red PP for the 320GT2 and the 100# green for the 309. I was supposed to buy a PS3 with that money but I think I spent it well :smile2: Im too old for a damn video game anyway. Plus if I start playing the game I may stop fishing as much :eek:oooh: now since payday is in a couple days How do I order a TWC rod, and 2 Ming Yang reels without the old lady finding out?:confused2::roll_eyes:

5. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    gotta wait till I get a boat, my buddy doesnt let you bring gear on his boat because he already has 14-16 rods/reels on his boat. So its understandable. Havent been bank fishing lately, but may go to test out my stuff :roll_eyes:

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I hear ya, its tough to pass up a deal on outdoor gear.

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice looking gear

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ramon congrats on all the new gear and the good buys. All you need is some bait. Enjoy.

9. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Good looking setup:wink:

10. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    good looking rigs, congrats

11. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

I just tell her I won it here on the BOC.If she ever starts using this computer I,m gonna be in a shitload of trouble!:smile2::roll_eyes::crazy:.

12. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    lol Pat dont get caught up, I have a story for ya. I ordered the TWC around 3 yesterday, The Ole lady saw me on the CPU on paypal, She says: what cha doin? In her little sweet way, I told her I was updating my Paypal account due to the bank sending us new debit cards (which they did) and she went for it lol, I think. She says: lets go shopping and I thought I was caught up so we get dressed and leave and while driving she says: Lets go to Gamestop, she's been harrassing me about buying her a Nintendo Wii even though she knows I like the PS3. So she goes to the counter and buys me a brand new PS3 and 4 games and says: Merry Christmas now you wont have to fish as much in this cold weather and you can stay home with me. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh....... She saw the sarcastic look on my face and I knew something was up. So I say ok let me buy you the Wii, she says no baby I dont want it anymore, then she says lets go to Walmart. We get there and she says: lets split up, I know you wanna go to the damned fishing section lol so I smile and head to the fishing section lol. All I got was a $0.99 minnow net and a 2-pack of $1.59 bells. I went to the electronics section got me a new remote for the PS3, an HDMi cable and a Blue Ray DVD, looked in the clothes section for a nice Dickies Jacket, saw one I liked but didnt get it due to spending too much lately. I checked out, called her and said I was going to the truck. She says I'm almost done and will be checking out soon. I sat out in the truck for about 20 minutes and even ran into an old friend from Texas, talked to him for 5-10 minutes then she comes walking out with a cart full of crap and I find out she spends like $500 :crazy::eek:oooh::confused2::sad2::angry: Now I'm broke, well not really but hey I didnt plan on spending all this damn money, but I held in my pride due to sneaking to the store all week buying that gear and plus she bought me a PS3 for God's sake lmao. We get home and I set up my PS3 while she's unpacking and putting away alll her new electric ovens, toaster, electric can openers, etc etc :embarassed: And im still thinking I'm gonna get cursed out when that TWC Rod comes while I'm at work next week so what do I do? Get on ebay and order two Ming Yang reels :smile2: I got a CZH60 in blue for $34.99 and a CL70 in Red for $37.99. She walks in as I'm paying for the second one, she kisses me and looks over my shoulder at the screen then gets me a beer and says lets watch a movie. I fell asleep on the movie she wakes me after its over for bed. I dont know what happened after I fell asleep and she's still sleep now but I dont know whats in store for me today. I was supposed to go fishing but its raining cats and dogs, thats not the start of a day I planned :embarassed: I'm getting nervous Pat, help. You think she knows old wise one?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  13. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Maybe you girl is turning into my wife...I come home and she says "Hey, Calelas called...just wanted to make sure you were OK since they haven't heard from you in over a week"...then gives me one of those smiles and hands me a $100 Cabelas gift card.

Go figure!

14. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    ha ha ha ha :smile2: chuck that was great, you must be a premier customer at Cabela's. When I order from them I'll say Chuck recommended I call :wink:

15. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

LMAO Ramon! Women ALWAYS know more than they let on,they save that stuff up like ammunition,then when you,re arguing about something 6 months from now,they,ll bring it back up!:smile2::roll_eyes:.I don,t ask no questions about all those mystery new shoeboxes that show up in her cupboard.:eek:oooh:.We just think we,re gettin over,once your married you,re never gonna end up ahead.LOL.I think that,s some kind of universal law.:crazy:.They should put in marriage vows that the man gets to own a fishing setup for every pair of shoes his wife has.We,d all have a garage full of gear!:wink:.

16. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    I agree Pat