A good rod for Carp ?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by kyron4, Jul 31, 2007.

1. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What's the better choice of rod for Carp in the 5-10 lbs. range with a chance for a 15-20 ? I like the fight of the light 8# line on my 6' med. action rod, but with all the sharp rocks I really need the med/hvy with 12-15# line to pull 'em away from rocks and get 'em turned faster. Any input or opinions ? By the way ALL my rods are Ugly Stiks. -Thanks

2. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    my dads got a berkley lightning rod and i use his rod sometimes but i fish with a bass rod i have a ABU GARCIA rod called a conolon that puts up a pretty good fight.

3. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It is fun to fight them on light tackle but in some cases I pull out 7 1/2 :smile2: ugly with 30 pound test to fight them in rocks and logs. !!

4. catfisher50

catfisher50 New Member

State:
    minn
    here on the minnesota river. where are all the carp? when i was a kid i get all the carp. now i get one or two in a day or two. by the way i use medheavy rod.

5. catmanjake

catmanjake New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    stick with the ugly sticks!!! best rod i use. works for everything. medium can pullin pike, crappie, sunny, bass, carp and all other stuff. all you have to do to turn them is lightly pust your hand over the spool and slow them down. the will turn. at least thats what the do here

6. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    How long of medium rod are you useing ?

7. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    kyron4, Take a look at this site. It is a Rod & Reel deal that is worth your while as a Starter Set. The firm is very dependable and the equipment will serve you well. JMHO!!!!!!

http://www.wackerbaits.com/sf/enter.html?l...md=39304.565972 Okuma Rod + Free Daiwa ReelFREEREEL $89.99

Size2.75lb Rod - 3500 Reel 2.75lb Rod - 4000 Reel 2.75lb Rod - 4500 Reel 3.0lb Rod - 3500 Reel 3.0lb Rod - 4000 Reel 3.0lb Rod - 4500 Reel

Buy an Okuma rod, get a Daiwa Bite 'n' Run FREE!
    Match up a 2.75lb or 3.0lb 12' Okuma Technikor rod with a Daiwa Regal BRi Bite 'N' Run reel in 3500, 4000, 4500 or 5000 size. Limited quantities, no rain checks so act fast.

HOPPY4