A good morning!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by RIVER-RAT, Sep 9, 2006.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Went out on the Mississippi this morning, took my good friend and his 7 year old boy out. They wanted to get into some catfishing as they have seen several pictures of my recent catches on the river.

We got on the water about 5am and the first fish was in the boat at about 10 to six. A nice 17 pound blue. My buddy's boy then landed himself a 13 pounder and let me tell you, it was exciting to see that little fella fighting that fish and even better when we got it in the net! We fished till a little after noon and had good success all day long.

My buddy told me that he now wants to purchase his own big cat poles and gear...he's HOOKED! :big_smile: I tell people that theres nothing like fighting a big cat!!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Bill, congrats on the catches and bringing another brother to this great sport. I bet them boys did have a good time catching those catfish.

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey way to go Bill. I like hearing reports like that one. It's great them youngins got some fish and had some fun.

It sounds to me like we ought to get some more Brothers here in the 'hood'. +rep on the way.

st

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Man if i could catch some cats that large you coun`t talk to me for a week:cool2: Congrats on the catch

5. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    Reps to you for taking the youngster, Had to be a blast to watch a seven year old with a 13 lb fish, and he'll never forget it.

6. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There isn't anything more fun than watching those young 'uns have that kind of fun. I bet somebody had to hold on to that little feller to keep him in the boat!

7. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Congrats To You And Your Friends On A Very Good And Enjoyable Morning Of Fishing

8. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    kudos to you for sharing knowledge and your time with others

9. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    We went out last nite, there were a lot of boats out but we di dn/t get a bite.

10. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    That's what it's all about right there!!!!!!!!! Congrats on hooking the youngster and his Dad!!!!!!!!!!! God bless.

11. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats awesome! I got hooked the same way...my dad started taking me out on the missouri river when I was about 10! When I was 11 yrs old my dad put me on a 50 flathead and ever since I have been hooked! Most of my summer is spent on the mighty MO in search for another big cat! Now I take the Ole man out and put him on the big cats! I guess thats how it goes! Give a little take a little! We have a great time when ever we get out, whether we catch em or not! It is always a privelage to take someone young out hunting or fishing! I always get the youngsters out during the youth hunting seasons here in Missouri! Glad to here you all are having some luck! Good Luck on the water!

12. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    Congrats on your catch.

13. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    CONGRATS ON TAKING THE LITTLE MAN FISHING.START THEM YOUNG IS THE WAY TO GO.:cool2: :big_smile:

14. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    thats a awsome catch for the young man.congrats to him.i take my cousin fishing quite abit.the problem is he allways out fishes me.lol.thx for the post..:cool2: