A good deed, Indeed!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by psychomekanik, Jan 7, 2010.

1. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I went hunting with a buddy of mine this morning. We walked around and done a little scouting after we came down. The temp. has been in the single digits for days and it was 0 this a.m. We walked a stretch of river we hunt and seen a chocolate lab on the ice barking and hanging out in one area. It was straight out of a lassie movie. we crept in thinking the dog might of had a deer cornered or something. When we got closer we seen the trouble. There was another chocolate lab, and a huge german shepard in the river unable to get out. They were side by side with their lower bodies in the water. They had been in the water for awhile, and I dont think they would have lived another 20 minutes in the water. The lab growled as we came down the hill. We talked about it for a second and before I had a chance to react my buddy Josh emptied his pockets and walked out on the ice till it broke and crossed the river. He climbed onto the ice shelf and started talking to the dogs. The shepard knew he was there to help. He licked his hand and let him pull it out. It took about everything to pull the dog out. Then after a long friendly conversation with the lab he finally befriended it and it let him pull it out. The lab took awhile to recover. He couldn't move his back legs well and kept falling. But, he finally shook it off and they took off very grateful I assume. We were a couple miles from the road and remember folks it's really cold out. LOL josh came back across and stripped his clothes off and I gave him a layer of my clothes. I was still heavily layered from the morning hunt. It seems very fateful we walked downstream instead of upstream at the time we did. I posted a pic of him helping the dogs out. I'm glad to have him for a friend. I know the lengths he would go to help me if I needed it.

downsized_0106001305.jpg

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    God gave us dogs for a reason...now why He gave us cats i still don't understand...good job my friend!

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the story and a big thanks to Josh!!

4. flo

flo Member

State:
    fay nc
    NOW YOU HAVE A FREIND THERE AND I KNOW THE DOGS ARE GRATEFULL. THE GOOD LORD WHANTED YOU TO FIND THEM DOGS NEEDING YOUR HELP EVERY GOOD DED DOSNT GO UNPUNISHED.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks for a great story Mark! Hugs to Josh. :glasses-cool: