A good day on the Ohio River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Kat-addict, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hi all. A quick fishing report. Water temp.. 57 deg, current... basically zero,fish activity....not very active today.

Fished from about 10 am till dark and came up with four fish. 3 Blues and 1 channel. The kid caught a 31 and I got a 29 and a 25 lb. blue as well as about a 8 lb. channel. All fish were caught on fresh cut shad. All fish were caught drift fishing. All were caught in more than 50 feet of water. We went over lots of fish today and couldn't get many bites. The fish we did get were coated with mud. The bait must have hit em in the head to get em to bite. Thats normally the way they seem to act for us when their is no current. I think we could have had a banner day if we had some current. Hope everyone enjoys the pics. Randy

Attached Files:

2. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just wanted to make sure that everyone here knows those fish were burped and handled with great care and released to be caught again another day. I hope everyone here does the same when they catch these magnificent fish!

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Were you fishing in the markland pool??

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Looks like that 29 is going to toss YOU out of the back of the boat.

Congrats

:tounge_out:

5. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    We were in the meldahl pool and I'll leave it at that.
    Steve...the kid likes to see how long I can hold those big fish up before he snaps the pic...lol. One of these days I'll bust him in the head with one of em...lol.

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Man, I wish I could have a bad day on the water, with no current and inactive fish....

Some nice fish there.

7. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

8. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    It is interesting that you say the fish were coated with mud. Some of them that I have been catching out of the ohio have been like that. Does this mean they are not moving much just layin down in there holes. Glad to see you got 3 nice blues.

9. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Josh: Thats kinda what we have always thought. Just lying there and not active. Notice in the spring most times when you catch em near the surface with floaters they rarely have a coating of slimy mud on them.

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Randy, sounds like a fun day on the water. Looks like what you lacked in numbers you made up for in size, Nice Fish!! Thanks for sharing.

11. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Some nice fish there addict !!Good thing I helped catch em!! LOL