A Good Day (Kind of...)

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Esox Hunter, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Hello Carpers:-

First day out on the Carp hunt for me this year. Went to a small syndicate lake about 20 mins away (Coarse fishing's a no-no, season don't start for another 2 weeks) & all I can say is............Bread, Bread, Bread!!! To say they went crazy for it would be like saying that Mount Everest is "a little bit on the big side". I got there, tossed out 2-3 slices to get their attention & the frenzy started straight away, next, I hooked up the rod, out went a breadflake on the surface & I had my first run after 15 seconds. To cut a long story short, I had 13 runs over a 2 hour period (biggest was only a 4 pounder) & managed to bank 8 of them, other 5 snapped the line.

Hope it's the start of a good summer!!

Tight Lines & Good Luck.

2. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    man, I wish the carp fishing over here was that good. let us know if you break any personal records. tight lines

3. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Thats some great action. If i were u tho, i'd look for water where i could catch bigger fish. I'd rather catch 1 or 2 fish over 30 inches than 10 under 25.

4. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Couldn't agree more with you marrs, but like I said, it was a private lake, as soon as coarse season opens up on June 16th, I'll be out after the BIG ONES!!:big_smile_2:

5. Pat Kelly

Pat Kelly New Member

State:
    Maryland
    We got it good in the US of A Barse...no closed season. Carpin' 24/7/365 a year. I folla the UK scene closely and you'd go nuts if you came over here...you'd think you died and went to heaven:feel_good::feel_good::feel_good:

6. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    I hear ya Pat, Closed season does make me --->:too_sad:

But I do have the consolation of chasing pike then & it's GREAT!! If you haven't tried it, give it a go.

Tight Lines & Good Luck.

7. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    what is coarse fishing?