A good article on VRO's

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Bubbakat, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
  2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Very good article Bubba.

I've tested a few this past summer and had to replace a few, but not all.

Like I mentoined in a past post, if fuel pressure's not there, oil pressure will take over and your engine will smoke. Similarly like when your engine's in storage and the gas evaporates from the carbs, oil will move in and fill up the bowls.

I see it wasn't mentioned, but with all new engines, that little plug for the oil line is supplied and it should have the little rubber cap that initialy came over the oil inlet attached to it. That way you can disconnect the oil line during storage and cap off the line and inlet.

It's in a manual somewhere. Possibly a rigging manual I read.

3. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    That is a good article. Thanks Bubba. After reading it I decided to spend the bucks and replace the VRO during my rebuild. I guess like BP said, plug the line during storage. And just a note..everytime i turn the key on the horn sounds letting me know it is OK. Not sure if the new VRO or new horn or if this is normal, but Im glad it does it?

Craig

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    That sound you get when you turn the key on craig is normal. That is letting you know it is working.
    I ain't presently operating anything with a VRO but I am in the market for a newer and bigger motor for my toon and it will have VRO on it.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Like I mentoined in a past post, if fuel pressure's not there, oil pressure will take over and your engine will smoke. Similarly like when your engine's in storage and the gas evaporates from the carbs, oil will move in and fill up the bowls.

Yea Bob I was working on one a few days ago and happen to remember what you said about that and let it run for awhile and then changed the plugs and she quit smoking all together. We rebuilt the VRO and it is doing fine now. or rather the fuel pump in the VRO.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thanks for the post Bubba:smile2: