Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

A Giant Greatwhite

2K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  JaytheKatfisher 
#1 ·
Great White Shark at Ocean Shores, WA
So much for swimming in the Ocean around here!!!!
OCEAN SHORES, WA

While the ocean vessel 'Dawn Raider' was commercial fishing for dogfish, this Great White was hooked in the mouth but only resisted slightly for 15 minutes before it came up alongside the boat to have a look; long enough for one of the crew members to slip a rope around it's tail !!! 'And that's when the s**t hit the fan!!. The Shark took off towing the 42 foot fishing boat backwards through the water at about 7 Knots. Just like in JAWS, the boat was taking on water over the stern and the crew watched in horror as the shark would actually jump completely out of the water at times. This went on for an hour before the shark finally drowned.

She weighed in at 1035 LBS. It is suspected she followed a weak El Nino current into local waters in search of food. Although mid 60 deg. water is considered ideal for these sharks, the larger ones can tolerate water in the low 50s.

:waaaht: :misdoubt: :ah: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

:cat:

See less See more
#6 ·
What a beautiful animal. :sad2:

#8 ·
Holy @&%* !!!!!!! Now thats a fish!! Where's my steel leader an ski's :dribble:
might need a couple bouys for bobbers and lets see 100lb tuna for bait.. I'm ready!! LMAO:0a22: Get da big net..... Mac :cool2:

#14 ·
I hate to hear that the fish was killed......but I can tell you this. I love catfishing!!!!!! But really when it boils down to it I just like to fish. One of the main reasons I like catfishing is because it is one of the closest things to salt water fishing there is. I mean I live in TN and it is a pretty good little drive to the nearest salt water fishery. I have it on my agenda to catch a shark on rod and reel sometime befor I die. I have accomplished alot of my goals in fishing, but catching a Shark on rod and reel isn't one I have accomplished YET!!!!!!!!!LOL Just my two cents sorry for the rambling.:embarassed:

#18 ·
Ace said:
The Shark took off towing the 42 foot fishing boat backwards through the water at about 7 Knots. Just like in JAWS, the boat was taking on water over the stern and the crew watched in horror as the shark would actually jump completely out of the water at times. This went on for an hour before the shark finally drowned.
It's a shame the shark didn't sink the boat and eat the S.O.B's.
Why would someone do that to such a magnificent animal. Those idiots will probably be complaining, if they aren't already that the seal population is eating all the fish and there they go, removing one of the very few natural predators of the seals.
We, the human race, supposedly the most highly evolved life form on the planet, just won't be happy until we have screwed everything up completely...W

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.