A fun day fishing with my little sister!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Katmaster Jr., Apr 9, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My dad and I took my little sister Ciera fishing today. We went down to the river near our house. It's got nearly all kind's of fish in it, but we mostly fish it for Channel Cat's, Striper's, Hickory Shad, and American Shad. Well I started out fishing by myself until my dad got there with my little sister. I got a couple Hickory Shad and one small Striper around 2 or 3 pounds....but it was on my small shad fishing pole so it was a good fight.

Then my dad brought my little sister down there. I helped her start catching some of those Hickory Shad which are great fighter's and about 2-3lb's mostly. My dad threw out his big pole's over to the side while I helped my sister. I would cast for her and as soon as I hooked a fish I would give the pole to her, sometime's I would help her but most of the time she reeled them in all by herself. She is only 4 year's old, and she was super paitent and listened to everything we told her to do....make's me proud to see her out there fishing like that. I really love taking a kid fishing, esspecialy my relatives. There's just something about seeing the look on their face when they get a good fish that make's me get a good feeling inside. And I really love it when you say "It's time to go" and they say "Just 1 more fish"....LOL

So I recommend next time you get a chance......."Take a kid fishing!"

In all we ended up with about 15 shad from 2-4lb's. My sister caught 7 of them. I have a lot of picture's that I will post below.

Zakk

Attached Files:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Got some more picture's to share........

Attached Files:

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    The last couple pictures......

Attached Files:

4. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    So your little sister out fished you huh. Just don't start trying to show her how to bass fish. LOL And tell your dad to get a hair cut my god. LOL

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah she did....LOL Well...we can call it even I guess since I hooked all the fish for her. Casting those lure's will wear your arm out pretty bad....that's why I DON'T bass fish.....:p

My dad's hair ain't too much longer then your's.....LOL:p

6. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Cool pics, is your little sister going to fish for those sharks with you next week?

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Nah, she would get pulled in....LOL She's staying home, when she get's a little older maybe she will start fishing for catfish and other big fish. But for her size and considering this was like her 2nd time fishing she did a great job with catching those fish.

8. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    May the catfish gods bless you for sharing. Looks like she had a great day and its great that her big brother was so helpful. Have a great season and enjoy your new fishing buddy.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great job taking your little sister fishing!:006: Nice Shad she is holding up! I bet she will want to go with you all the time now!

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Wtg bro i like seeing brother taking there little sisters fishing gives her someone to look up to.

11. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    good going..it looks like everyone had a good time..this saturday i'll be taking my son fishing for the first time..everytime i he sees my poles he starts holloring "we going fishin,we going fishin?"been waiting for this moment for a while

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank's, I hope she keep's getting intrested in fishing.

13. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    wish I had a family like yours,maybe my life would have turned out much better:cry-big: Maybe I could have had a fishing buddy like you for a brother! Your sister is off to a great start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Good going Zakk, My main fishing partner is my sister, but she is my big sister and I'm the little brother. Well kinda, she ain't big and I ain't little. Me and her was cut from the same rug. We don't get our love of fishing from Daddy either he liked to fish but Mom was the fisherman of the family. You keep taking care of that little cutie. You don't even understand yet how much it will mean to you later on. It is so great to be able share those kind of memories with the ones you love the most. You get an attaboy from me.

ST

15. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I tried fishing with my little sister but I couldnt keep her on the hook!!LOL I dont even have al little sister but this post made me smile. I do have a daughter now that likes to fish with me. Keep up the good work 7 stay close to her it will mean the world to both of you...Abu65

16. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Great post and pictures Zakk. I hope you always have the patience and the time to fish with your little sister. Same for all you parents that have younguns, keep the patience and the time to teach those kids to fish.
    I am 54 years old and have said before that the greatest, most wonderful memories of my childhood are and always will be those of fishing with my dad. I wouldn't trade those times or memories for anything!

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank's,

like I said, there is no other feeling like watching a kid catch the "Big one"......And what really made me happy is her asking me "when can we go again?".....:)

18. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Seeing the little ones catch fish is often more rewarding that catchin' them yourself.............(most of the time lol). Great pics ! Thanks for sharing them. One of my favorite times of year is helping with the local kids fishing rodeo and hearing them holler: " I GOT One !!!" Those are fun times !

19. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thanks for the pics lil brother. There needs to be more brothers in the world like you. Ya keep showin' us what a fine young man you really are.

20. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Thanks for sharing Zakk:) Reminds me of when my kids were young and learning. She will remember this and yes it will be in her blood. She will always have those fond memories of what your doing for her. Bless ya buddy!;)